Disturbed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
At first I thought he was triggering a sequencer or arpeggiator from the drums such that one hit generates repeats, but after watching the video several times, I think it's actually real......just not something many drummers could do.

I have watched that drum solo about a dozen times on a 44 inch screen at 4K resolution and 1/4 speed. When he does that fast roll, he hits each drum once in succession.

I don't see any drum triggers, or wiring for them, just microphone cables. And there is a SINGLE pedal on the bass drum, I figured two bass drums or at least a double bass pedal. The toms are clear plastic, a trigger with it's wire should be visible.

I saw Weather Report play live back in the late 70's or early 80's hard to remember the details though. I lived in a big city then (Miami) and there was lots of good music to hear......not so any more.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.