Jim Croce

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In September it will be 45 years since Jim Croce died in a plane crash at age 30. I "discovered" his music just after he died and bought all his available material on vinyl. The words of some of his songs really resonated with me at the time.

In my view he was one of the great singer/songwriters of the time and could have gone on to even greater things. However, like many musicians, he and his wife (also a performer) struggled financially and he had said to her that he was going to give up music and get a "proper job" when his last tour finished.

Where have those 45 years gone?

Croce lived in my hometown probably 4 or 5 blocks from me when he was first starting out. I was in grade school at the time, so we didn't exactly run with the same crowds, lol.

I must've walked right past his house a bunch of times, without any clue as to who lived there.

Even though I was more a fan of harder rock in those days I always enjoyed Croce's lyrical ballads. AS for those 45 years of spacetime they have flowed over and past us and are only accessible as memories...enjoy them while you still have those.

Couldn't agree more! I remember Jim Croce wasn't that known here in Germany, but gained enormous popularity after his death, especially through his songs I Got a Name and Time in a Bottle.

Best regards!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.