Rate the Pink Floyd albums you have

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have them all on record so Ill start

1) Piper at the gates of dawn - 10/10 (1967)
I think this is thier BEST ever album and its sad SYD had a break down and they felt they had to let him go.......

2) Meddle - 10/10 (1971)
Another good album

3) Dark side of the moon - 10/10 (1973)
Excellent!

4) Wish you were here - 10/10 (1975)
Excellent!

5) Animals - 10/10 - (1977)
Excellent

6) The Wall - 10/10 (1979)
Excellent

7) Final Cut (1982) - I had this album but got rid of it .. 2/10

COMPLETE CRAP!!

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn - 9/10
A Saucerful of Secrets - 9/10
Relics - 8/10
More - 7/10
Atom Heart Mother - 10/10
Meddle - 10/10 (both these albums were their musical summit)
The Dark Side of the Moon - 4/10 (the band had replaced creativity by commerce and began pioneering in stadium rock)
Wish You Were here - 3/10 (even worse, hollow and pretentious)

After that I've completely lost any interest in PF...

Best regards!

Last edited:
I learnt about PF around 1970 when I saw Antonioni's Zabriskie Point. I have been a fan since then, and I have all their works on vinyl. My favourites in this order:

Wish You Were Here
The Dark Side of the Moon
Meddle
Animals

Also like Waters' The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking, others not.

Piper at the Gates of Dawn is the best of all of them, a best of all time for me really. I’m not really a fan of anything past Animals (from any of them) and with the exception of a handful of tracks, don’t really don’t care for their output post-Saucerful and pre-Meddle.

To rank the eras:
Interstellar Overdrive/Singles/Piper (mono)/saucerful
Then: meddle/obscured
Then: Animals
Then: Dark Side/WYWH

So chronological basically. How boring of me

Last edited:

Attachments

• DEB54036-F6C9-4E61-9356-70362CF1DBAE.jpg
    DEB54036-F6C9-4E61-9356-70362CF1DBAE.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 205
I bought the 'See Emily Play' 45rpm single in 1967 (a track not included in the UK release of 'The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn' album it seems).

My summer job that year was emptying the chalet bins at Butlin's Holiday Camp in Bognor Regis, and the song transported me to a better place!

That's it for my association with the Floyd, apart from buying the 'Echoes' best of CD in 2001. Can't say I've played it much, but that's compilations for you!

I never needed to buy 'The Dark Side Of The Moon' back in the day, as everyone else had a copy which they played unremittingly!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.