Songs That Make You Turn Up Your Volume....'Til Someone Shouts "It's Too Loud!"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When I played this disc at the shop where I used to work, the shipping & receiving guy said, "This album makes me want to get in my car and go 100 MPH all day long until the cops shoot my tires out." Couldn't have said it better myself.

King's X: Dogman

[Edit] Here's them killin' the title track live on the Jon Stewart show about 90 years ago (look how young he is, hee!)

Last edited:
The album Buy Now Save Later by ONE MINUTE SILENCE , favourite track Rise And Shine.
Not the kind of music i normally listen too but i love the rap / metal fusion and it definitely blows the cobwebs away ,seeing the faces of my teenage son's friends when i play it is priceless.

get in my car and go 100 MPH all day long until the cops....

The obvious song here is Sammy Haggar's "I Can't Drive 55." It got me a citation for 52 in a 35 MPH zone, as the tune was blasting out my car windows.

King Crimson not so popular.

I literally played the first King Crimson record until all the music turned to hiss. The second copy is still playable, but worn, the CD is still good.

My "loud" music is generally a classic rock tune, but on a good stereo with good dynamics and plenty of power, the first King Crimson album, Epitaph in particular is excellent. Also old Yes, Genesis, ELP and other classis "prog" music likes to be played loud.

Sammy Hagar....That's got to be you Tubelab!!!?

When this song was popular I had a 1982 Dodge Charger. In the 80's the Charger name was stuck on a 2 door front wheel drive car based on the Dodge Omni, which in turn was based on the Volkswagen Rabbit. The 1978 through 1981 models even came with VW 1.7 L engines in them.

I ditched the wimpy motor and swapped in a turbo motor from a 1984 Dodge Daytona, then proceed to modify and tweak until I could beat 5.0 L Ford Mustangs, and yes a Ferrari 308 in both 1/4 mile drag races and top speed runs. This was long before the "sport compact" fad had come, and since died. My ugly red Dodge with peeling paint would do 154 MPH......I can't drive 55!

Speaking of loud, I used to crank this when hunting down Mustangs. Note "5 block thunder" refers to the typical length of a street race, about 1/4 mile.

YouTube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.