Saddest songs

Surprised that no ones mentioned "strange fruit" by Billy Holiday, I think she did one song that was banned because it caused people to commit suicide. Bobbie Gentry's version of in the ghetto, " the first time ever I saw your2 face Roberta Flack. Anything sung by Sandra Gayer, a ( almost ) totally unknow, but in my mind a profound talent.
It seems that Johnny Cash's version of hurt is winning so far, but he did a song about a boy dreaming about his mother spinning clothes for him as she dies, now that's sad, I'll try and find out the name of the song.

Just one composer - J. S. Bach.

Komm, zusser Tod (Come, Sweet Death) BWV 478.
Virgil Fox playing the Wanamaker organ.
Prelude and Fugue in B minor, BWV 544.
Lionel Rogg, organ.

These 2 are sad thoughts of an old man coming to terms with his imminent death.

Concerto for 2 violins, BWV 1043.
Jacha Heifetz and Michael Friedman, violins.

There are few pieces of music so beautiful, personal, and profound as the second movement of this concerto. When I hear it, I imagine myself a little baby gently rocked in my mother's arms. Somehow I know that my mother will die, and my life will be full of misery, but, for the moment, it's heaven.

Last edited:
Recently, I came up with an awesome idea to create an audio/video social media app like TikTok. Imagine how cool it will be to share favourite tracks with your friends. And I have already searched info about developing mobile apps like that. Take a look at the article. What do you think about my idea?

The interesting idea, I think. There are lots of different cool music and video, and not only sad. I would want to have one mobile app, where I could find all I really like, and have an opportunity to do it on the go by unleashing the power of mobile application.

Account Closed
Joined 2010
Maybe the only song that was composed by a guy who never knew how to play any instrument, sing with his voice or at least the musical notes yet he composed the most well known melodies of Richard Claiderman just by humming it to a portable cassette recorder and handed the poor recording to a true composser to put it on page.To me that guy is the biggest mistery in music history :

Mariage d'Amour - Paul de Senneville || Jacob's Piano - YouTube

Neil Young Dead Man Theme (long version) - YouTube

Mazzy Star - Flowers in December (Live on 2 Meter Sessions) - YouTube
mazzy star- five string serenade - YouTube

Gotye - Hearts A Mess (Official Music Video) - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZaRQmLuChc

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Last edited: