What was the last full album you listened to?

Carly Simon - "No Secrets" original 1972 issue LP.
I remember when I was 19, while dating Audrey, we went together down to the record store and bought this album.
"Your So Vain" was the big song on the radio back then, and one that she loved.
But one day mom came into my room and saw the album, picked it up and said "Why did you buy such a trashy record?....... Look at this tramp!..... no bra, her nipples are showing!"

The other day I put that old LP on the turntable and reminisced about the old days.
That thing still plays great after all these decades.

Attachments

• no secrets.jpg
    no secrets.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I had a mother like that. She hated Cheap Thrills by Big Brother and the Holding Company and made me take it back to the store. Years later I caught her playing a newly bought copy of the Pearl album and was delighted to tell her that this was the very same singer she had hated so much only a few years earlier.

I had a mother like that. She hated Cheap Thrills by Big Brother and the Holding Company and made me take it back to the store. Years later I caught her playing a newly bought copy of the Pearl album and was delighted to tell her that this was the very same singer she had hated so much only a few years earlier.

Haha!.... good deal!
I also have the Pearl album, plus her greatest hits album.
I broke down and cried when I heard that Janis croaked, loved that voice.

My mom also went nuts when she saw my Grand Funk album, "We're an American Band".
She opened the gatefold album up and saw the group.... and said: "What the heck is THIS crap!...... these dirty guys are all naked!

I laughed.

Attachments

• grand-funk-band.jpg
    grand-funk-band.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 87
My mom also went nuts when she saw my Grand Funk album, "We're an American Band".
She opened the gatefold album up and saw the group.... and said: "What the heck is THIS crap!...... these dirty guys are all naked!
My parents used to buy me LPs when out travelling. The first one was Iron Butterfly - Balls. Then they brought home Big Brother & Holding Company, probably as th3e sleeve looked crazy enuff for me.
Then they decided that I maybe not like music with vocals and brough home a Chick Corea and on one occassion an album from Grand Funk ...

My parents were Swedes!:D