What was the last full album you listened to?

1kCvyBn.jpg

tojoko,

I think he's still active and has done lots of gigs in France where Reggae has never really gone away. Sadly what passes for Reggae in France today is crap. I passed some schoolkids who were playing this crap on an Iphone. I told them what I thought and said "if you like I will make a list of 'real' Reggae you can check out on YouTube. I did and the next time I saw them they raved about - Big Youth, Peter Tosh, LKJ, UB40, Third World, etc. etc. It's still as fresh today as back then.

You probably know that it was DJs playing Reggae 45s and EPs that began the renaissance of v inyl. Check out the 45 by Steele Pulse if you want to hear bass.

I spent 2 years living and working in Rotterdam at the end of the 70s into the 80s' and was lucky enough to see Bob Marley's last gig at the Ahoy Halle - that was something else. I was only about 4 metres away from the stage and you could see how ill Bob was.

The magical moment was when he picked up an acoustic guitar and all alone he played - Redemption Song. There were thousands and thousands there and not a sound from anyone, just Bob and his guitar - a few weeks later he was dead but his music lives on.

Girls - Father, Son, Holy Ghost

I only recently got a turn table setup and found you listen to music very differently. I rarely ever listened to an album from start to finish as i had multiple play lists setup, each containing a bunch of random tracks. I am finding this a far better listening experience...

Hi
I was on the 7 th row straight in front of the show, I remember a couple coming to sit near me, the woman was dressed in knickers and a white net, that was all, everybody who was there will have noticed her! I've seen Bob Marley twice once in The Hague and once in Rotterdam, that was just before he passed away, sad!
Cheers, Tojoko.

tojoko,
I wasn't seated I was standing or rather dancing right in the front. I will never forget Bob singing Redemption song. It wasn't like a big venue he seemed to make the whole place seem small and very personal.

Den Haag that gig wasn't in the terrible sterile Congressbouw was it. I only went once to see Weather Report there. What a pair of arrogant sods they were. They came on, didn't acknowledge the audience at all and left the same way.

The Concertgebouw now that is a wonderful place to listen to music and as for the Vondelpaark -well:D entering that space was pure Castaneda - A Separate Reality. Saw so many great gigs there and all paid by the A'dam gemente and that thanks to the Provos. Sadly so many of the things the Provos won from the establishment have disappeared. I heard years ago that the yuppies complained about the music there.

You must have gone to the 3 day music festival that used to be held in Suiden Park every summer, does it still exist?

B14 - I missed the great years of Jazz that used to be played there.