What was the last full album you listened to?

Had this CD lying next to me for a few days and finally had to play it. I am not in a good mood since I discovered how one prominent member of our (local political) party had backstabbed me on the www, which was the drop that made med sign out for good ...

Алла Пугачёва и Любаша - А Был Бы Малчик

Alla Pugacheva & Lyobasha - And There Would Be a Boy (bad translation)

This is pure Russian schlager when it is at its peak. Was looking for this album for a long time as the copied CD I had was falling to ... bits. And in Latvia I found the very last one. Alla P is the tsarevna of Russian schlager.

Listen to this:

YouTube

Stepping Out by Diana Krall. This, IMO, is her best album because you get to hear her play the piano. And she's a much better pianist then she is a singer. With the possible exception of "Live In Paris", where she is again allowed to play, all her other albums are bland and seem as if they were phoned in. I played this one from a CDR that I use in the car.

Attachments

• 128009-stepping-out-2.jpg
    128009-stepping-out-2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Diving through my pack-o-7. I have seven shelves on my CD-shelf and I pick one CD from each shelf and try to listen to them.
Yesterday I played King Crimson - Island, a very odd album. The song Ladies Of The Road is sometimes so Beatlesque.

Today I started listen to Premiata Forneria Marconi - Storia Di Un Minuto. It did take me years before I started to dig in to their (original) Italian albums.

Have to make a note here. It is said that our "hearing memory" is just seconds long or deep, but with my new Sonido oval FR BR-boxes the music sounds much punchier than before (it was years since I played this album last time).

The Beatles Yesterday and Today.

Attachments

• IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    632.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 30
Russian Bob Dylan - Boris Grebenshchikov from the cult rock group Aquarium. Perhaps the most respected rock musician on the Russian and Soviet stage. With a song, an evening ******* announcer dedicated to propagandists ...
YouTube
“City of Gold” (other names - “City”, “Paradise”, “Above the Blue Sky ...”) - a song based on poems by Henri Volokhonsky and music by Vladimir Vavilov; included in the repertoire of Boris Grebenshchikov, Alexei Khvostenko, Elena Kamburova, as well as several other performers. Takes third place in the list of 100 best songs of Russian rock in the XX century. Time Out Magazine listed as “100 Songs Changing Our Lives”
Аквариум - Десять Стрел | Releases | Discogs
YouTube

A unique record released by Melody in 1970. Lute Music of the XVI-XVII Centuries. Its uniqueness lies in the fact that it was actually written by the Soviet guitarist and lutenist Vladimir Vavilov (1925–1973), who resorted to mystification with a reference to the Renaissance for the sake of his own music of the then little-known composer, written, apparently in 1967–68 years, broke through to the viewer.Владимир Вавилов* - Лютневая Музыка XVI-XVII Веков | Discogs
YouTube