What was the last full album you listened to?

Salyu - Live

This is a CDR full of her live performances downloaded from youtube. Yes, they come down as MP3 but that's the only way one can get them. But they're not bad. All but the last one is still available. It should read "on the wind" not "in". My mistake.

Attachments

• SLfront.jpg
    SLfront.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 325
  • SL back.jpg
    SL back.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 319
isn't her name a welcome greeting in French?
Almost. Her producer, Takeshi Kobayashi, gave her that professional name because it was similar to the French greeting "salut". Salyu is pronounced say-lou. Her real name is Ayako Mori. If you've seen the Tarantino movie "Kill Bill 1" you've heard her voice during the scene above the restaurant where the bride (Uma Thurman) was admiring the Samurai swords. (The Wound That Heals)

Linda's wonderful voice

I considered myself lucky to have seen Linda with The Stone Poneys at the local University Student Union building in the winter of 68/9
She sounded sensational and was wearing an all white fringed cowgirl outfit with boots. The Stone Poneys sounded very good too, ahead of their time as far as a country rock pop bag.
After the concert ended ( which cost a dollar ! ) myself and the two friends I came with followed her downtown to ask for her autograph.....but chickened out .
She was riding in the front seat of a late model station wagon with a guy driving who was maybe their road manager ?
They were headed to the Commodore Perry for the night which was the classy hotel downtown at the time .