What was the last full album you listened to?

'Brilliant Midnight' by Caroline Lavelle. Love her voice and her cello playing. Love how she looks as well. My kind of woman.
Listened to Stanley Clarke's album 'If this Bass could only talk' all the way through as well the other day. Great 'tap dance' intro and extro from Gregory Hines (if memory serves) Nice!

blast from the past, dude

"back in the day" one of the local progressive / album FM radio stations hereabouts ( CKLG, Vancouver I think) would play those guys in the later hours of evening when the second or third bowl was fully in effect

Don't Crush that Dwarf - Hand me the Pliers

I always listen to albums as a whole. Very rarely make playlists, never use shuffle. Almost never skip tracks, unless I *really* hate it.

Listening to The Lemon Twigs - Do Hollywood right now via Qobuz. First and last "spin" for these guys.

Next up: Cafe Zimmermann - CPE Bach: Der Fruehling

Gotta love streaming subscriptions for discovering new music!

Cheers,

Laurens

'Brilliant Midnight' by Caroline Lavelle. Love her voice and her cello playing. Love how she looks as well. My kind of woman.

played with Lorenna McKennit on tour (with a really big band :D) a few years back - in support of, and containing most of the performances from the "Nights at Alhambra" live album/DVD .

even though there were a total of something like 13 or so on stage, for some reason Caroline stood out

maxresdefault.jpg

her duels with Hugh Marsh on electrified violin are great fun

Firesign Theater - "I think We're All Bozos On This Bus" blast from the past, dude......would play those guys in the later hours of evening when the second or third bowl was fully in effect

Don't Crush that Dwarf - Hand me the Pliers

One of the "underground" stations (Magic Bus in Miami I think) would play Firesign on some Friday or Saturday nights around midnight.

How Can You Be In Two Places At Once When You're Not Anywhere At All? .....fully hallicrafted Sea-Master short-wave radio......Can I get Duluth on it?.....Duluth, bucko! You can get Tierra Del Fuego!

Unlike Cheech and Chong, Firesign was still funny after hearing it a few dozen times, of course it might have been the bowl effect.