Amazingly good "pop" recording... Nickel Creek "A Dotted Line"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Peeps,
Not a big fan of a Nickel Creek but I find their new recording "A Dotted Line" a jaw dropping beautifully recorded piece.
Some tracks are QUITE annoying and have the teeny bopper vibe, but the recording is so lush and rich I can't even get myself to skip a single song!!!
I'm still struggling to get my vinyl rig up to par, however streaming low res Spotify through my 45 set amp and OB vintage speakers is revelatory. I am getting some of the best sound I have ever heard!!! Holographic 3D sound with pinpoint imaging and DEEP layering. The mix is really wide but there are tons of times when I can hear instruments and voices overlap front to back. The tone and timber is Like Butter! Stand up bass is in the room.

I am a big jazz fan and many of my favorite recordings are Rudy Von Gelder and Bob Thiel sessions. While there is not as much "room" sound on this recording I still can't help but compare. Maybe the "close mic" sound of Getz Gilberto is more similar.

Not saying the performance or music is in the same league as these classics, but I find the recording THAT good.

I know nothing about the producer of this recording, Eric Valentine.
Any recording aficionados have any info on this disc, producer, or insite on why this recording sounds so good and so different?

Refreshing to hear a great modern recording, and even more so from a relatively mainstream act!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.