Melody Gardot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Could be - there are a lot of girl singers out there that sound alike. Maybe she's a Peyroux fan? Most people get a start by imitating others.

I listened to the Worrisome Heart album. Nice, but "My One and Only Thrill" album I like better. Like the texture and what she does with her voice. Fun stuff.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Well if you hear her in Wild Women with Steak Knives (The Homicidal Love Song for Solo Scream) what you save on bromide will be spent on sleeping pills. I don’t recommend you that but I do recommend Saints of the pit and The Divine Punishment.

Sorry for being off topic. This is it.

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Umm.....okaaaayyyyy :confused:

I just listened to the Galas samples on Amazon. The artistry of her cacophonic banging on the piano is lost on me. And she ‘sings’ like a cross between an inebriated transvestite and a camel in labor. Sorry, but her spiritualist drivel is less than affecting and I’m afraid that the protracted midnight howls of my neighbor’s neglected Malamute sound scarier. Then I went to her official website – bloody hell. There are a lot of things in the world that are a cause for despair, but this ranting and shrieking Goth chick is five cans short of a six-pack.

I’m going to have a shower now, and then I’ll put on some Sade.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
I just listened to the Galas samples on Amazon. The artistry of her cacophonic banging on the piano is lost on me. And she ‘sings’ like a cross between an inebriated transvestite and a camel in labor. Sorry, but her spiritualist drivel is less than affecting and I’m afraid that the protracted midnight howls of my neighbor’s neglected Malamute sound scarier. Then I went to her official website – bloody hell. There are a lot of things in the world that are a cause for despair, but this ranting and shrieking Goth chick is five cans short of a six-pack.

Ok, fair enough. I understand she's too rough and unpolished and this and that. It's not nice music nor cheery; last time I heard her was years ago when I lost a loved one. Yes music for mourning, sorry for that...still miles better than the cheap and silly chick displayed in your avatar.
With Sade I have no problems, always loved her Smooth operator.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.