Heavy Metal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another Mastodon Post

Since I did not know this when I purchased the album, Just wanted to let everyone else know that is interested in purchasing it. The new Mastodon album, Crack the Skye, if bought on ITunes, comes with the instrumental score of the album. Being a fan, Had to buy it! The instrumental tracks show off how layered the musicianship is on this album. I enjoy it just as much as the release with vocals. So just a FYI for anyone interested.

Between Metallica, Tool, Opeth and Immortal which are the biggest mainstream acts I have seen live, I'd pick Opeth and Immortal being the better of the four. Funniest as they're also smaller than the other two mega acts. Immortal had a rawness which was an experience in itself, Opeth was micd perfectly and played wonderously, as if in a dream.

For listening wise, going through a death phase at the moment, have been investigating the morgul again and some lord belial for good measure.

Favourites are Dimmu, Immortal, Dark funeral, Opeth, Arcturus, Burzum, Emperor, Darkthrone, Gojira, Satyricon, Nile, Sirius, Limbonic Art. Very hard list to compile though..

In my opinion there's nothing like hearing something like Niles' lashed to the slave stick cranking though a nice multi driver rig, double kicks rippling through the air and the most evil aura surrounding the piercing guitars and assorted soundstage!! Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. Or the rawness of some brutal black metal or melodious chirping and harmonics of some speed metal. The pig-like grunting, nashing, grinding drums, vocals and guitars of grindcore! Metal is an aquired taste but one that which if you can stomach it, can be entirely rewarding, as any style of music.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.