Mordaunt Short tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone!

I need to change a Mordaunt Short Avant 904i tweeter, but I am not sure how to do this. Apparently, I have to remove the front metal panel, then find out how the tweeter is mounted and unmount it. Does anyone have experience with this speaker? Is a tweeter always mounted/unmounted from the front side of the speaker?

Hi,

I imagine you have to remove the rubbers for the grill and underneath
you will find some mounting screws, undo these and the whole panel
should come out. after that I'm not sure, presumably the metal trim
comes off - undo the tweeter, or it may come off from the back.

:)/sreten.

Don't do what Sreten just suggested...

Had a pair of Missions that opened up like that but that's not how my Mordaunt Short MS-904s open. If they are like the speakers I have (which they most likely are) you need to take the back panel off. Undo all of the screws on the back (well you can probably leave the two middle ones on the binding post bracket thing) and lift the back off. Then pull the wires off of the tweeter (they use push fit connectors) and undo the 4 screws on the back of the tweeter and lift it out.

Steve.

Depth Charge said:
Don't do what Sreten just suggested...

Had a pair of Missions that opened up like that but that's not how my Mordaunt Short MS-904s open. If they are like the speakers I have (which they most likely are) you need to take the back panel off. Undo all of the screws on the back (well you can probably leave the two middle ones on the binding post bracket thing) and lift the back off. Then pull the wires off of the tweeter (they use push fit connectors) and undo the 4 screws on the back of the tweeter and lift it out.

Steve.

Hi,

If its obvious the back comes off the initial question is a bit strange.
Completely agree if this is the case, always do the sensible first.
I had a pair of Mordaunt Shorts that did open as described.

:)/sreten.

Thank you all for your response!

The feedback I got from Mordaunt Short technical support says that...
"The front panel can be removed and the tweeter clips in and out."...but
they do not seem willing to guide me more, instead they insist that I should
have it done by a technician.

My observations now... The only thing that comes out from the back is the iplastic one on which the speaker terminals are mounted on. Getting this out, I cannot reach the tweeter from the little hole. So I suppose I have to unmount the screws on which the grill mounts on the front, get the aluminum panel off(by the way, it is glued) and, hopefully, find the tweeter mounts below this.

I finally managed to get the tweeter out!

First, the four screws that hold the grill come out, then the metal plate should be carefully removed. It is held by 2-side adhesive tape stuck on the back of it. So if a corner part of the panel comes out, then gradually pulling it, the whole panel will come out. Beneath it lies the tweeter, mount on 4 screws. The rest is piece of cake :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.