Some nice words for John Krutke

Status
Not open for further replies.
John,

I've followed the antics of Danny Richie with disgust over the past day or so and just wanted make sure you to know that you have many intelligent minds on your side. Please don't let that giant self-collapsing vortex of hypocrisy spoil your desire to provide the scientifically minded of us accurate and useful information. I'm only 3 years through my mechanical engineering degree, and I can easily see what a crock of poop most of his arguments ("facts", according to him) are.

You've really taught me a lot over the years, and I appreciate that very much. I sincerely hope you keep it up...and don't be afraid to "tell it like it is" even if the truth is brutally honest.

Scott Nielsen

Steve Eddy said:

So to that end, I was asking YogitheDog what arguments he thought were a "crock of poop"

http://www.madisound.com/cgi-bin/audio_forum/index.pl?read=392470

Would you like me to link his conversation about what else he can "hear in his system" and is willing "teach" little ol' me (and Zaph about testing, SL about dipoles, etc.)? He seems to make/sell decent speakers, including the driver in question, but holds himself in much, much higher regard than reality.
Zaph is 100% correct in his yipping chihuahua, snake oil BS salesman's response. No shortage of those wire burn-in charlatans selling audio products.

cheers,

AJ

AJinFLA said:
Would you like me to link his conversation about what else he can "hear in his system" and is willing "teach" little ol' me (and Zaph about testing, SL about dipoles, etc.)? He seems to make/sell decent speakers, including the driver in question, but holds himself in much, much higher regard than reality.
Zaph is 100% correct in his yipping chihuahua, snake oil BS salesman's response. No shortage of those wire burn-in charlatans selling audio products.

Just read through the Madisound thread and it seemed to be more a clash of personalities than anything to do with the "crock of poop" arguments YogitheDog speaks of.

se

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
The thing would be done with right now if it wasn't for all the folks with too much time on their hands and over active imaginations, John has the right idea by simply not giving the subject anything more than 5 minutes of his time. Shame folks use that as ammo saying he's arrogant etc. But I'd say doing anything other than that in a situation like this over the internet results in the inevitable. So the guy clearly has his head screwed on.

I'm not sure why Danny has made a mountain out of a molehill. John gave nothing but a personal opinion and measured data which can be compared directly to other drivers in his 6.5" test lineup - which includes testing errors across the board however small or large these are.

As someone already said, its just a difference of characters being very heavily fueled by others with either vested interests or nothing else better to do.

ShinOBIWAN said:
The thing would be done with right now if it wasn't for all the folks with too much time on their hands and over active imaginations, John has the right idea by simply not giving the subject anything more than 5 minutes of his time. Shame folks use that as ammo saying he's arrogant etc. But I'd say doing anything other than that in a situation like this over the internet results in the inevitable. So the guy clearly has his head screwed on.

I'm not sure why Danny has made a mountain out of a molehill. John gave nothing but a personal opinion and measured data which can be compared directly to other drivers in his 6.5" test lineup - which includes testing errors across the board however small or large these are.

As someone already said, its just a difference of characters being very heavily fueled by others with either vested interests or nothing else better to do.
I totally agree with Shin here. John is generous enough to share his findings, and if Danny did not think the findings are correct, he should just specifically address the issue or present his own data, possibly just difference opinion in data interpretation, test setup, or other things. I'm sure that John would probably respond in a well educated manner to the designer of the driver he commented on, and it is well understood that John cannot simply respond to all requests, I would not either.

Hi,

I hope most people on this site appreciate Zaph's contribution
to the DIY community and respect his right to his own opinions.

The guy from GRresearch is having a pop, but at least it is in a
GRresearch specific forum, and an educated man can look at all
the posts in that specific forum and make up his own mind.

I'm all for independent unbiased testing, but is does have its pitfalls.
One of them is illustrated here. A manafacturer should not complain
about independent testing / opinion if that testing / opinion is fairly
applied to all the comparisons made.

They ought to be bigger than that - but I suppose under their own
forum it is up to them how well they represent their technical skills.
I tend to find anyone who starts off implying some-one doesn't
know what they are doing, but they do, and want to "discuss" it,
is wallowing in their own vanity.

When I tell some-one they do not know what they are doing they
do not (unless I've made a mistake). There is nothing to "discuss".
If there is something to "discuss", this is because they do know
what they are doing, but may see some compromises differently.

:)/sreten.

dlneubec said:
The really sad thing here, IMO, is that it very well could be that Zaph is fed up and is pulling the blog for good. What a tremendous asset for the DIY community to lose.

I sure hope he doesn't stop, I really enjoy reading his blog.

I'm surprised Tymphany hasn't come down on him for calling the Seas TBFC/G hexagrid cover ugly. (j/k)

Dan

Hey Zaph,

If you are reading this - please keep up the good work. I have learned as much from your project writeups, tests and comments than I have from reading 4 different speaker books.

I don't know what this is all about, and I actually don't care about what others say.

I actually appreciate all comments you make - objective measurements as well as any subjective comments (about speaker asthetics etc...) - after all - it would be a pretty boring world if people weren't allowed their opinions.

Thanks and regards,
David.

Hello everyone,

I too would like to offer good comments in support of John. I have built a set of his L18 design and they are wonderful speakers. My friends are amazed at how good they sound (so am I since they're the first I've built). I have purchased the parts to build his BAMTM's and I'm just waiting to get time to build them. (I'm traveling on business lately.) I'm sure they'll be wonderful too.

I also noticed John's missing blog. My guess is that he took it down since the text was being copied and pasted to the other Web site and being used to villify him. I'd do the same thing.

I do hope this will move on and things can get back to normal. I've been greatly impressed with the work John puts into his designs and would absolutely hate to see him stop working on further additions to the art. We would all lose in my opinion.

Best regards to all,

After reading through all of this #@$%^&^ !!!

It is amazing that John K is subject any of this crap.

He has given so much of his time and energy to our community without ever asking for anything in return. He has saved many of us thousands of dollars (probably millions combined) through the use of his well designed loudspeakers...

JOHN DOES NOT BELIEVE IN ALL OF THE SUBJECTIVE ******** THAT MANY IN THE BUSINESS SHOVEL... We have all seen john's boots jpg. And you know what, after hearing two of his designs, and comparing them to my 5000.00 Platinum Audio Reference 1's, he knows what he is doing.

On the the other hand, Danny makes his living off of his products... He has every right to market them. Hell, I built a set of AV-1's after I read the hype... and they are nice loudspeakers...nothing compared to John's seas L15 monitors...But then, I am just being subjective... The true reality is that, to me, John's loudspeakers just sound better...

Hey Danny, if you really are as great a designer as you proclaim, show us. Don't talk about it... Do it. But do not try and tell us that polymer is not a plastic and that polymer is better for making rigid frames... hello... If you believe that, I think that the snake has bit you in the ***...

In closing, what really cracks me up is that it is obvious that John doesn't like Danny's snake oil salesmanship... But he still showcases Danny's M130 driver in one of his website's posted designs which certainly makes Danny a profit. If I didn't read about the GR M130 driver on John's website, I never would have made my AV-1's

Hey Danny... for such a smart guy, you sure are acting dumb... you are biting a hand that feeds you.

John, Thank you for your time and dedication... don't let the turkey(s) get you down...

GCM

Status
Not open for further replies.