Speaker workshop

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First of all... Is it me? or the speakerworkshop interface is kindof... bad?

ok, thats not the point.
Today I was testing that app as ive heard good stuff about it.

When testing a driver, and I do a nearfield frequency response plot, the app makes a sound thats about one half of a second, and gives me some plot, I noticed the plot was about the same either I hold the mic in my hands, or i stick it 1 mm near the speaker,
yes, my mic is working
and yes, my card is full duplex
any ideas of whats going on?
All i want to do is measure the driver from 20hz to 20 khz!

The Speaker Workshop UI does take a while to understand, but it does work well when you're familiar with the system.

As for your problem, I found a good way of checking signals is to create a new signal source:
Resource/New/Signal, call it TEST

then select:
Sound/Loop Record

Double click the files called TEST.IN.L and TEST.IN.R: LEFT should be the fixed reference level (a perfect sine wave), and RIGHT should be the microphone signal - the closer you move the mic to the speaker the larger this signal should be. If this doesn't work then try dicking around with Windows Play Control and Recording Control until you see a nice sine wave.

Nice one,
David.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.