Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

The "Elsinore Project" Thread
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th October 2021, 05:35 AM   #4241
Joe Rasmussen is offline Joe Rasmussen  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by profiguy View Post
I used to obsess about speaker transient behavior and researched it to death. I'm now a big multi-way LR2 proponent... go figure.
Been there, done that. I honestly believe it is a dead end. See my lengthy reply to Allen a few minutes ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by profiguy View Post
Sorry to have opened up a can of worms here.
That's OK. You are not familiar with past history where things got rather unpleasant. I don't hold anything against you.

If I had the chance to start at the beginning, I would have handled it differently and perhaps better.

I am now a current guy and everything I see is through that prism. I want low distortion rather than a theoretical 'transient perfect' design. And I am definitely talking about distortion that can be measured. That's the surprising bit, because you can't argue with those.

Cheers, Joe
Old 14th October 2021, 05:57 AM   #4242
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

re: the current thingy and the previous (last 1-2 years) somewhat wild discussion... you described an upcoming report from your expert team - is that coming forward? I think we are a few here that would be interested to read it.

//
Old 14th October 2021, 06:08 AM   #4243
diyAudio Member

All in good time. It's not the only thing wild that has happened in the last 1-2 years.

Old 14th October 2021, 07:57 AM   #4244
AllenB is offline AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rasmussen View Post
you are just down the road from me
Are you planning a visit?
Old 14th October 2021, 10:30 AM   #4245
diyAudio Member

Not at the moment. Last time I went it was 8 hours and 45 minutes drive - plus a few breaks.
Old 14th October 2021, 10:42 PM   #4246
soongsc is offline soongsc  Taiwan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Rasmussen View Post
Been there, done that. I honestly believe it is a dead end. See my lengthy reply to Allen a few minutes ago.

That's OK. You are not familiar with past history where things got rather unpleasant. I don't hold anything against you.

If I had the chance to start at the beginning, I would have handled it differently and perhaps better.

I am now a current guy and everything I see is through that prism. I want low distortion rather than a theoretical 'transient perfect' design. And I am definitely talking about distortion that can be measured. That's the surprising bit, because you can't argue with those.

Cheers, Joe
I think current drive, low distortion, and transient perfect all matter, but the priorities may vary. I look more at the day characteristics first. Once that meets a certain criteria, all other improvements become more obvious.
Old 15th October 2021, 12:55 AM   #4247
acg is offline acg  Australia
diyAudio Member

Joe,

What sensitivity are these speakers? Or more aptly, how much amplifier power would you recommend should I build a set? I listen loud.

Looks a very innovative design.

Anthony
  Reply to this post

The "Elsinore Project" ThreadHide this!Advertise here!