The "Elsinore Project" Thread

Joe. There is also trouble accessing your website. Such a window pops up after trying to enter.

"The connection is not private.
Attackers may try to steal your information from castomanalogue (passwords, messages, credit card details)"

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2021-08-16 o 08.43.11.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2021-08-16 o 08.43.11.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
None of the picture attachments open for me…

Thanks Max, you are the first. I assume this will be for Elsinore Mk-6 "MFC" version?

Sorry Joe, but I have a remark. Earlier you answered for NRXC C5 is changed to 0.68 µF and that corresponds to R3 8.R2? In the list I see still 9R0

In that temporary page, I have included the updated Crossover drawings, check against those and the relevant Part List, and it should be OK. Let me know.

TEMPORARY LINK: Hamlet Project

Thank you Scott for the kind word.

When the first couple of Elsinore played in my house in June 2020, my friends who liked to listen to music visited me greatly appreciated the Joe project.

And now I have built a second pair for myself and my friends have taken the challenge to build theirs. So in my neighborhood, there are four Elsinore pairs now. The construction of the fifth is about to start. Waveguide and speakers are already in the box next to me. And who knows what will happen next? :)

Thank you Joe for an excellent project.

JarBar,

Congratulations on your successful builds. The new pair of Elsinores also looks very nice.

I was thinking exactly the same way of housing the crossovers in a 10 cm tall platform and place the speakers on top of that. Good to see that you have already built it that way, so the proof of concept is done. :) For baffle, I am thinking back baffle like your previous pair.

If I may ask, what are the dimensions of your listening room?

Is the measurements of the box original or have you changed anything? They look taller and slimmer to me.

They are made exactly according to the design. Although the plywood is 21mm, the external dimensions are 280x380mm. The interior is slightly larger. 4mm on each side. Of course, the pedestal is an additional value and increases the height of the column. The impression of slenderness can be caused by the black base.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 278
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 277
Last edited: