Closed back midrange drivers 4" maybe 3" - recommendations please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I've been looking for a midrange to do from anywhere between 200 - 500Hz up to 3500Hz. Preferably with a closed back or that works in an enclosure only big enough to sqeeze in the basket.

Its for a future car project, but 8 ohms is fine.

Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Rob.

RobWells said:
Hi All,

I've been looking for a midrange to do from anywhere between 200 - 500Hz up to 3500Hz. Preferably with a closed back or that works in an enclosure only big enough to sqeeze in the basket.

Its for a future car project, but 8 ohms is fine.

Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Rob.

Depth is the only problem in a car I think, some mid-woofers come with sealed plastic cups that give them the correct vas.

you can just use a nice smaller woofer and cross it over at the higher Hz that you want?

Vifa have some nice 3 or 4 inch drivers with a good flat response.

Thanks Ice,

These are the ones I've been looking at so far, but I haven't modelled yet to see the box sizes.

Peerless 830516 4"
Peerless 830856 3.5"
Vifa m10md 4"
Audax hm100z2 4"
Audax hm100c0 4"

Size isn't too important as they're going to be on a door build. The midbass will use the door as a box (Peerless 850518) and the midrange and tweeter will sit above, with the mid having its own chamber.

I've also got to source a fairly small tweeter to do ~3500 up.

Cheers,

Rob.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.