Piezo Tweeter for Dogs

Say, listen up citizens: This kind of thing can be hazardous to one's health. There are rumors of mil. spec. devices using some of this technology to make platoons of the enemy throw up in their tanks ... really. (Details are not available on request.)

There are also medical applications and research going back several decades that mixes of ultra sonics can and do kill some kinds of bacteria ... and some types of human cells. Prolonged exposure apparently can indeed kill whole cell groups in mass, like blood cells, etc. leading to possible illnesses from an overloaded liver or even long term harm to human organs = possible death ... no kidding.

Gophers and ants aside, I would not advise shooting the neighborhood children with these sonic ray guns as the law suits might get outragious. :bawling:

I understand and sypathise with the neighbor's dog problem (I'm just a "mean" as anyone here when it comes to the barking dawgs next door), but ... caution is advised. :mad:

"There are also medical applications and research going back several decades that mixes of ultra sonics can and do kill some kinds of bacteria ... and some types of human cells. Prolonged exposure apparently can indeed kill whole cell groups in mass, like blood cells, etc. leading to possible illnesses from an overloaded liver or even long term harm to human organs = possible death ... no kidding."

Good point. Rife technology used similar methods in the 1920s. The AMA wasn't impressed, and outlawed the Rife Ray Machine, discounting it's uses, including a cure for the big C. Apparently, it worked so well, it could overload the kidneys with dead cell matter, if the treatment went too long.

" ... The AMA wasn't impressed, and outlawed the Rife Ray Machine, discounting it's uses, including a cure for the big C. Apparently, it worked so well, it could overload the kidneys with dead cell matter, if the treatment went too long. ..."

Yes, and the [California] AMA knows what every good doctor knows: "First, do no harm ..."

And the important thing in that case is that the "too long" is measured in minutes per day, not hours per month = :hot: = bad news for the neighbor's kids ... :whazzat:

... but that is just one of the possible dangers associated with mixed ultra sonics of even resonably low sound pressure levels ... :bawling:

[Off topic a little: I have always wanted to record the Hooded Monk Finch ond some other Finch songs ... mostly way above human hearing range, 12K Htz. and up to above 25K Htz. ... digitally, then using some kind of frequency division technic to drop their tunes [play list?] down to a human listenable bandwidth without out losing content, etc. ... anyone every hear about doing anything like this?]

Easiest I think with an analogue tape recorder that can run at two speeds......

Geoff H said:
Good point. Rife technology used similar methods in the 1920s. The AMA wasn't impressed, and outlawed the Rife Ray Machine, discounting it's uses, including a cure for the big C. Apparently, it worked so well, it could overload the kidneys with dead cell matter, if the treatment went too long.
A few years back, I read a book ("Cancer Cure That Worked", I believe) about Royal Rife & his invention. I didn't see anything indicating ultrasonic transducers of any sort were used. The frequencies were in the ultrasonic range, however.

Fascinating story... The book mentions quite a number of cases of cancer cures, but nothing about the kidney overload. No double-blind studies, of course, but I'm almost sure it worked. Otherwise, it is hard to explain why none of Rife's machines had survived, or even why there isn't any schematic available. Of course, I'm implying AMA conspiracy... ;)

Sorry for the offtop. - ardo

ardo said:

A few years back, I read a book ("Cancer Cure That Worked", I believe) about Royal Rife & his invention. I didn't see anything indicating ultrasonic transducers of any sort were used. The frequencies were in the ultrasonic range, however.

Fascinating story... The book mentions quite a number of cases of cancer cures, but nothing about the kidney overload. No double-blind studies, of course, but I'm almost sure it worked. Otherwise, it is hard to explain why none of Rife's machines had survived, or even why there isn't any schematic available. Of course, I'm implying AMA conspiracy... ;)

Sorry for the offtop. - ardo

I ran across a website not long ago relating the history of the Rife machine. As I saw it, it used EM radiation field coupled to the patient via a capacitive coupled antenna. You are correct, there was no acoustical wave associated with this machine. The idea was that bacteria and other nasty microbes had resonant frequencies and would basically self destruct if you excited them. Rife allegedly developed a large table of `magic` resonant frequencies for the various viruses, etc. that are responsible for human disease through exhaustive and careful laboratory analysis. I am not trained in medicine but from what I do know I feel that there might well be merit in this technique. There IS info out there on the web and I don`t think it would be hard to make a RifeRay machine today.

Supposing it WAS an effective treatment, that would certainly explained why it is now banned. The huge drug companies could not profit on diseases for which there were cures. Cures are bad for profits! All they want is to control the supply of expensive drugs carefully engineered to make the symptoms less uncomfortable.

I also found a site describing acoustical treatments which had a generator program with control console you could download and run on your computer`s sound card to a power amp and tactile transducers like the Aura bass shakers. Subwoofer patterns that are apparently good for your aches and pains! It is called CHIamp.

john blackburn said:
Sorry for the threadjacking but its on topic

I have a problem with noise from neighbours kids outside my door. I was looking at the "Mosquito" device to see if I could DIY one.

http://www.compoundsecurity.co.uk/teenage_control_products.html

Using a small mono velleman amp kit with the 16Khz tone played from a cheap cd player and a super tweeter it works very well.
I would however like to use a circuit to generate the tone so it can be self contained but cant find a suitable one.
Any pointers to a suitable circuit would be greatly appreciated as there seems to be a wealth of knowledge on the subject here.
Many thanks and apologies
JB
try this, Kemo M071 ultrasonic generator, sorry don't have the link right now but you can pick one up from maplins for less than a tenner.

rcavictum: Re the Royal Rife disease "cure" ...

Geoff H: " ... The AMA wasn't impressed, and outlawed the Rife Ray Machine, discounting it's uses, including a cure for the big C. Apparently, it worked so well, it could overload the kidneys with dead cell matter, if the treatment went too long. ..."

Yes, and the [California] AMA knows what every good doctor knows: "First, do no harm ..."

And the important thing in that case is that the "too long" is measured in minutes per day, not hours per month = = bad news for the neighbor's kids ... :hot:

previously: Say, listen up citizens: This kind of thing can be hazardous to one's health. There are rumors of mil. spec. devices using some of this technology to make platoons of the enemy throw up in their tanks ... really. (Details are not available on request.)

There are also medical applications and research going back several decades [RE: Rife generators, etc.] that mixes of ultra sonics can and do kill some kinds of bacteria [and viruses] ... and some types of human cells. Prolonged exposure apparently can indeed kill whole cell groups in mass, like blood cells, etc., leading to possible illnesses from an overloaded liver or even long term harm to human organs = possible death ... no kidding. :hot:

(Yes I built one. Yes I used it on myself. Yes I suffered burns from prolonged usage and possible liver damage (they looked like gun shot wounds, mostly caused by a trio of 9 volt batteries = + 27 VDC). Did it help anything ? I don't have any idea, but I still have a rare virus / blood disease ... but don't suffer from it as long as I keep up with my vitamins. These kinds of cures very often do much more harm than good. From my experience, don't bother ... just do as your doctor suggests and eat your carrots like your mom wants.)

rcavictum: " ... a website not long ago relating the history of the Rife machine. As I saw it, it used EM radiation field coupled to the patient via a capacitive coupled antenna. ..."

This EMF "radiation" method is rather benign = little harm can come from it ... of course EMF can get dangerous if there is enough power behind it ... The mechanical / acoustic or thermal methods are the more dangerous versions ...

Yes, tubenut's signature quote is spot on ...

Attachments

• horn_dog1.gif
    horn_dog1.gif
    10 KB · Views: 391
Tryed something similar with a TIP 3055 on the output of the kemo unit mentioned below but with poor results.
The 'Base' of the transistor was connected to the output of the kemo frequency generator, the 'Collector' went to +V (12-volts) and the 'Emitter' was connected to the piezo
tweeter,with the other terminal of the tweeter going to Ground/-V. Got an output but no louder than the origional output from the kemo modual.
Still looking into this and found these two bits of info that may help push this project along when viewed by someone with more knowledge than me.

http://www.sonitron.be/Media/02AN102.pdf

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schematics/weaponry/painfieldgenerator.pdf

also had this feedback:

I think that for your application you don't need an amplifier. All you need is a MOSFET that will switch your piezo load at the requested frequency (i.e. on-off). If you would like to tune the volume, you should reduce the voltage of your power supply.
You may use any MOSFET for 250V. Look at www.IRF.com or simply contact your local electronics store. You connect it as the test circuit suggest.
Use a N channel MOSFET. Connect the Source to ground (-) of the power supply and the 556 chip. the drain would be connected to the (-) terminal of your piezo element and the other side of the Piezo to +200V. The 556 need a low voltage power supply with it's ground connected to the same ground of the 200V supply and the 556 chip. THe output of the 556 should be connected via 1K resistor to the GATE of the MOSFET.

As for the power supply: You need something more robust. Try to find a 200V @ 1.5A power supply. It may be a switch mode power supply.

Any thoughts.