Parts express Totally tubular questions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sreten said:
Hi,

Of course you can make them sealed, you can also
reduce the length of each pipe by 50% if you want.

Active crossover - your going to need it as the crossover design is
poor and the speaker apparently has no baffle step compensation.

checkout : http://www.zaphaudio.com/BAMTM.html

:)/sreten.

Hi streten - how would you correct the crossover design (passive) on the TT? Thanks.

what BSC would be needed? as designed, there is a minimal "baffle" so i would think there is minimal effect, and only an effect on the higher frequencies right? Im new to diy speaker building so let me know if im wrong.... :)

I thnik for those particular drivers a .5 cu ft box per speaker is recommended, so basically... pi*(R)squared*length = volume using a 6' pvc pipe.....

3.14 *9*x=.5

x= about 2 inches? seems a bit tiny to me.. lol
i was thinking of a 6 inch pipe about 5 or 6 inches long would be a nice space conserving size. idk how well it would be acoustically though.

lapoltba said:
what BSC would be needed? as designed, there is a minimal "baffle" so i would think there is minimal effect, and only an effect on the higher frequencies right? Im new to diy speaker building so let me know if im wrong.... :)

I thnik for those particular drivers a .5 cu ft box per speaker is recommended, so basically... pi*(R)squared*length = volume using a 6' pvc pipe.....

3.14 *9*x=.5

x= about 2 inches? seems a bit tiny to me.. lol
i was thinking of a 6 inch pipe about 5 or 6 inches long would be a nice space conserving size. idk how well it would be acoustically though.

Hi,

1) - no. The speaker is the baffle, ripple and step are relatively severe.

2) 0.5cuft = 12*12*6 = 864 cubic inches internal.
A 6" internal pipe = 30.5" long.

:)/sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.