Speaker Kits for Around Grand

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In my continuing quest to outfit my sons with quality gear while, at the same, involving them when possible in the process of building stuff with me for each other, I am considering a speaker pair kit. These would be used in a system with SS power using both analog and digital front ends. Music preferences range from classic rock, to jazz, to vocalists, to techno, to harder rock - but very little or no heavy head banger stuff, heavy bass rap, or classical. I am thinking floorstanders would be best.
I'd like to find the best possible kit with parts running $1K or less and which feature cabinet plans (at least dimension). We are fully capable of constructing the cabinets. Any suggestions welcome. ;-) Thank you in advance.

Have you looked at anything in particular at this point? Have you ruled anything out? There are lots and LOTS of kits out there - look at PartsExpress, Madisound, Zalytron - PE has a large selection of personal designs, and Zaphaudio has many excellent, highly refined designs to look at. You might consider his BAMTM in the floorstanding version with intergrated subwoofer.

Many people will shy away from recommending speakers based on listening tastes - a speaker that does a good job of faithfully reproducing the recorded material is suitable for anything you want to listen to.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.