changing baffle width on zaph's design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: I don't know enough to tell you how it will change things, but I do know that John spends a lot of time and effort on the existing design. Why not make a seperate box for the woofer? Or use a sub woofer. You would also need to change the crossover to be a 3 way vs a 2 way, even if the baffle was left unchanged.

i'm using a plate amp for the side firing woofer.i'm using this wooker rather than a sub becaues i have it and it will go low enought for me in this project.i don't want to build separate box,as i like the look of a mtm with side firing woofer.i was just wondering if making the baffle alittle wider would affect zaphs xover enough to have to change values.

You shouldn't make the baffle wider. It will affect the baffle step, the cabinet diffraction, etc. It's not simple to adjust the crossover, and you're on your own there. John doesn't have time to help people make these kinds of changes (see his FAQ). That said, a half inch probably wouldn't be a major problem, but if you don't absolutely need to do it, I wouldn't. Making the cabinet deeper isn't a problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.