Line Array Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently had the good fortune to pick up a slightly used Newform R630 kit (2 30" ribbon, 2 18W/8545 woofers) that hasn't been put together yet. A friend and I are going to build a 4-6 woofer array using one or two NFR ribbons per channel. Plan right now is to have the overall height to 60" and incorporate 4 woofers, spaced 180mm ctc. The ribbons will be positioned to the side similar to Brad Virgils original R45 ribbons in the Excelarray. I've ordered 6 more 18W-8545 drivers (total Cool from Solen for this project. I may add 4 more woofers if necessary but would like to take a modular approach before adding the extra 2 per channel, is this feasible or would it be better to build the project from the start using 6 mids/channel.

With 4 8545 and 1 R30 per side nominal impedance will be 8Ohms but there will be an efficiency mismatch from my calculations. 6 mids and a pair of R30's per channel give a lower nominal load and a 94dB sensitivity match if my calculations are right.

I've been diligently reading Dr. Griffin's Nearfield Array white paper the last week and any help would be appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.