crossover points

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an old project I am starting on again. I bought parts on ebay from a company that has gone away(Zetag). I have the drivers and the parts for the crossovers, and specs and drawings for the cabnets. I am trying to find out what the crossover points are. Design is a tweeter, upper woofer and lower woofer. The 2 woofers are the same, they are aluminum/magnesium/copper cones. Tweeters are custom made by Vifa. The crossovers are 12db 2nd order, here is what I have:

tweeter, 8 ohms, .6 coil and a 4.7 cap, about 3000Hz ?
upper woofer, 6.5 ohms, .7 and .1 coils in series, 3.3 cap = ????Hz
lower woofer, 6.5 ohms, .7 and .7 coils in series, 2 3.5 caps parallel = ????Hz

Anyway to determine accurate crossover points from this info?
I do have all the speaker specs, if needed.
Thanks for looking.
Dan

Hi Dan,
The only way of pin pointing the crossover Fs would require the Z of the drivers at the design xo freq.

It would be better to assemble the lot, and do a sweep, measuring the near field response from each driver, or the signal fed to each driver.

Usually, designing a crossover starts with formulae / calculator, then trim values if required. So trying to reverse engineer just on component values is a bit "hit and miss"

Geoff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.