I want to make a 2 way box.. Pls help me..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am very newbie about DIY loudspeakers... In fact i have never made a DIY speaker box... But i have a pair of that bass driver;

Westra KW 160-1374
Qts = 0,5
Vas = 25lt
Fs=45Hz
Z=4ohm
SPL=85dB
dia=165mm

With a 25lt vented enclosure i can get 45Hz F3 (Winisd says). I also have two of 4ohm two way (6dB) passive crossover from an old speaker. I want to make a pair of two way speaker box by using that drivers... What can you advice to me? If i buy two good dome tweeter (4 or 8 ohm) and make 25lt enclouse for each. That makes a good pair of speaker box? Or can you advice a different way to me?

Thanks in advance for your helps.

Best regards,
Özgür

Measure??
Should i measure it in free air and give 1W signals from 45Hz to 4000Hz then measure by a sound level meter? And draw a curve of response? Well its too much for me.. First of all i have no acustic room in my workshop or home. Second is i have no signal generator.
Conclusion; i should buy a new brand one..
What's your advice to buy a new 50W bass/midbass?
Thank you Pink.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
We're not so bothered about the bottom end, as that is mostly box influenced, we want to look at crossover frequencies. Download the free demo of Arta, and use a cheap computer headset type mike. You don't need a special room, just don't put it in a corner or against a wall when measuring. That will be good enough to get going, and learning to measure speakers is a very handy skill.

Oh, and you still haven't told us what makes of drivers you can actually get hold of easily! :)

Ok Pink i'll do it. I hope i can do..
By the way, i found i pair of 8 ohm 4" midrange, a pair of 8 ohm 2" cone tweeter and a pair of 4 ohm 4" mid bass in my cellar. And they are in good conditions. As i can remember they were part of my old surround system passive boxes. Theyre CAT brand and made in Germany. But i cannot any information about CAT now.
Can i identify that speakers specs with the same way (Arta)? And use them for my project?
Thanks again and have a pink day..

And these are the xovers from my old surround boxes.. Do you think theyre rubbish?

Attachments

• resim 003.jpg
    resim 003.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 59
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.