TB projects.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
On the 654S.
a very good driver for the money.Really all the TB is a good find Tweeters well???????
The 3" drivers all good.I will have a report up on the 879S and the 871S and the changes of the 2 of these soon on this site.
The 4" drivers all good for the money at the prices PE is selling them for they are hard to beat.
But the 656 is a better driver as the motor is larger just a little.
The Range is just a little higher and the power handling is higher.
But for $12.00 the 654S is a good driver .
Easy to work with and a flatter responce.
But remember these graphs have been smoothed almost 1 octave!! so they are not a real world graph.
But really they all will work in the same cabinet , just a porting change.And if you print out all the posted graphs on the TB 4" and flip between them theyare almost a spec to spec same just a odd peak that seperates them.

Al

I've toyed with the 4" drivers, but am about to try a more serious project (I didn't think the 4 inchers would be so nice) with some 3" drivers (W3-871S) buying wood tomorrow, and then all I have to do is wait for the drivers to arrive (ordered and shipped, now it's the waiting game)...

The 4" have the desing for them.They must have a tweeter even the 657S just does not go that far.
But the 871S a happy happy driver.
The 879S is not even close.
I got my order from PE as the only 594S I seen was from the CES show last year.
But the 871S has a different design to the cone angle over the 879S.
They both use the same cone material just differnt cone designs,Coatings and Spyders.
Well you can even say a different speaker.As they are.
Not even the same.
I had thought they were just the coating on the 871S but till I got a production model in my hands I seen the difference.

Al

W3-871 at John's Audio Projects Page

John's Audio Projects Page

Here is another great Tangband Project
It uses W3-871

W3-871 Speaker - John's Audio Projects Page
---------------------------------------------------

:cool: This Homepage has Several interesting speaker projects
like a Cheap but Good 8"-Subwoofer :cool:

A very nice, and sensible Audio Homepage.
Read this:
"About Me - Audiophile Beliefs and Rants - a little bit about some of the snake oil out there". :D

John's Audio Projects Page - HOME
----------------------------------------------------------------

halo :angel: - longs for Tangband 3-inch drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.