Equinox - Jupiter ; What you think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,

Have you heard of Equinox before? What do you think of here Speakers? Im looking into the Jupiter model.

Jupiter - Roman chief of gods; largest of the planets

Frequency Response 23-26,000Hz +/-3dB @ 1M
23-20,000Hz +/-3dB @ 3.5M
Efficiency 95dB @ 1W/1M
Impedance 2.5 Ohms nominal
Phase Response +/- 60 Degrees - 200hz to 20,000hz
Power Rating 80-400 wrms
Crossover 600 hz - 4 khz
Drivers 4 x 210mm 2 x 130mm 1 x 25mm
Dimensions H 1622mm x W 320mm x D 680mm
Weight 165Kg
Cabinet 64mm - 32mm MDF

About $8.5k
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Looks pretty, but way more money than I'd ever spend on a pair of speakers. They might sound good, but your ears are the ones that are going to be listening to them and for that sort of money, a long audition would be neccessary.

Me, I'll stick to horns.

Looks well made and uses nice Audax drivers (read a rewiew in HT magazine).
One could tell that it was designed for LOUD music reproduction and no doubt it will sound good at high volume with rock music.
Low level detail is completely different matter. You need to go and listen carefully (8.5K is a big money) :)
And the most important thing is to know clearly for yourself what you want from these speakers. Why Jupiter vs. Thor or other boutique speakers.

:)

Hi Nick,

I've heard the Jupiters several times now at the annual Home Entertainment show here in Melbourne. They are a superb sounding speaker and very solid construction, however, I feel you should try and audition them with Rick yourself. They are very large enclosures and will absolutely dominate any room you put them in.....oh, and make sure you have a trolley when you want to move them around!!
You should also note that the picture you posted shows the Jupiters using all Audax drivers. I think you'll find that Equinox had difficulty sourcing Audax drivers [as we all did!] and has gone with a different driver manufacturer altogether. Also, I think you'll find that the bass and mid drivers used in the Jupiter currently are metal cones and certainly not the Audax Aerogel 210ZO's shown in your pic.

Cheers,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.