Klipsch KR 2.5 speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got a pair of old Klipsch KR 2.5 bookshelf speakers, and I was thinking of either using them for a pair of surround speakers, or for putting in our young son's bedroom to keep him amused until he's old enough to want to demolish the house with a 'real' set of headbanger speakers!

Question is, does anyone have any experience tweaking these speakers, or can someone suggest some basic mods that might improve their sound? I thought I could play with them a bit as I'm prepping my workshop for the major speaker project coming up.

I opened them up when I got them home and was a little bemused to find two very basic sheets of foam shoved in fairly loosly and untidly to either side of each cabinet, and figured that a more judicious and tidy application to the sides might improve things, as might a little loose fill. The drivers looked in very good condition, virtually in new shape, but the cabinets themselves need a little work on the exterior.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.