Question on MJK's mathcad worksheets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone else seen this issue with Martin's TL speaker mathcad worksheets :-

Assuming calculation is set to automatic in mathcad, if I scroll down until a plot is visible, it starts calculating. But, it doesn't just calculate the visible plots, it calculates all of them, even though I haven't scrolled down further.

With Martin's latest sheets (with the Part 2 and 3 sections on BSC, etc), this can take several minutes. So, if you just want to tweak a parameter, it ends up being a very slow and tedius process.

Martin says this shouldn't happen, but I've tried it on two different machines with the same result. Is there a hidden setting in mathcad I need to adjust ? I'm using Mathcad 2000 Pro.

(Martin has kindly supplied an earlier version of his MLTQWT sheet without Parts 2 & 3, which is much quicker).

TIA
Chris.

Hi Chris,

I've had similar experience.
If I do not scroll into Part 2 it does not auto calc. If I do scroll into Part 2 both it and Part 3 calculate. I find if I keep my cursor in the margin of the page I can get to the response graph I'm most interested in before the calc routine begins.

I suspect the calculations are linked and supportive of one another and that "turning them off" would be difficult.

Hi Ed,

I don't see this.

Even if I position the cursor in Part 1, it calculates the whole worksheet.

I tried scrolling down so that the last plot in Part 1 was visible (but not Part 2). Pressing '=' then starts the calculation, and I can see when it gets to the last plot of Part 1. But it doesn't stop, it just carries on with the very long Parts 2 & 3.

Martin is adamant that this doesn't happen on his installation, but I have tried two completely separate instals on different machines and get the same result.

Chris.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.