KLH Model 6 cossover question - kinda offbeat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alright check this out for an idea:

I have a pair of original KLH model 6's, with the epoxied woofer - crossover for the tweeter is no longer passing signal, and anyone who's seen these old 6's knows you can't get into the box without a dremel or circular saw. What I propose to do is this:

Repurpose these as 'bassboxes' for the bottom end of any number of speaker projects. I *think* I should wire in series an additional coil to the + input, which will drop the low-pass crossover point to 200 - 250 Hz so I may use the Model 6 as a bassbox. Did the 6 have a coil as a lowpass, or did the woofer roll off naturally on the top end ?

If there is a coil anyone know it's value so I can do the math for the additional coil ?

I have a whole mess of the KLH 4" fullrange drivers that I'm itching to do a OB line array with just for kicks

thanks,

Mark:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.