Would time aligment be nessary

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To slope front baffle or not that is the question?

Attachments

• delay (wince).jpg
    delay (wince).jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 243
This is a 2.5 way that uses a 24db treble cross with a notch filter.To use more components for time delay I think would not be worth while.I guess what my question should be is .35ms of delay going to make enough difference to even worry about?As you said sloping front baffle makes alot more work.

Whether or not a displacement in the acoustic center is significant will depend on the crossover design and your design goals. If you're trying to make a speaker that is linear phase (of questionable audible merit, and pretty much impossible except at one point in space), then yes, you'll need to tilt the baffle or step it. And lose that 4th order filter.

But it's easy when doing the xover design to account for the acoustic displacement. And the 4th order xover is much less sensitive to that displacement than others. Are you doing a simulation in a speaker CAD program?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.