Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

ultimate chassis
ultimate chassis
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th September 2006, 05:26 AM   #1
HighTech is offline HighTech  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Default ultimate chassis

Do you ever seen something like this?

An externally hosted image should be here but it no longer works. Please upload images instead of linking to them to prevent this.

http://www.hiendfi.com/phpBB2/viewto...?p=11614#11614

this is two audiophiles interpretation of Bojan Hajdinjak Explorer High End 100 dB loudspeaker.
Old 1st October 2006, 05:05 AM   #2
Willitwork is offline Willitwork  Canada
diyAudio Member

Lightbulb Re: ultimate chassis

Quote:
Originally posted by HighTech
Do you ever seen something like this?
Not since looking at schematics of the F/A-18 fighter jet tail assembly

Seriously, when one considers the amount of work required to make such rigid cabinets one cannot help but wonder if using granite slabs wouldn't be more practical? I started leaning towards that approach way back when the first BW Matrix came on the market.
Old 1st October 2006, 10:33 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Here we have low weight cabinet. It works on control of resonances not on damping. Sonic signature of plywood is fifferent. Here we have birch plywood. Stone have his own but not musical sonic signature (resonances).

This DIY loudspeaker project based on similar philosophy like Shahinian or Hajdinjak Labs loudspeakers. Bojan Hajdinjak is on the side of low weight (low inertion) and rigid, control resonnances on loudspeaker cabinet building.
Old 1st October 2006, 09:33 PM   #4
v-bro is offline v-bro  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Nice build!

Gonna read some more on the benefits on low inertion later, my philosophy has always been that the loudspeaker should not make more music out of what is allready music.....
Old 2nd October 2006, 09:46 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Yes I agree with. But walls have their own (unmusical) music.
Home loudspeakers have to much loss in music. What is better. To play cello wit high losses in driver reproduction or to added somethnig of the cabinet to make sound of cello more realistic?
Old 2nd October 2006, 08:20 PM   #6
v-bro is offline v-bro  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

My knowledge of this type of design doesn't reach far enough to judge.
But merely assuming I would think of it like starting a painting on a painting, instead of a blank cloth...
The result can be more beautiful than starting off blank, but it will always keep the character.....

This is why I like this design though, it demonstrates what it's all about:"enjoying sound!"

Distortion rules!

No really, as many sources confirm that thanks to distortions certain tube amps and recordplayers for instance sound more "pleasant", I'm not surprised that listening to your creations is a pure delight!

Would've loved to post on first hand experience!

BTW, are you SURE you glued all the wooden ribs?

ultimate chassisHide this!Advertise here!