ultimate chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HighTech said:
Do you ever seen something like this?

Not since looking at schematics of the F/A-18 fighter jet tail assembly :D

Seriously, when one considers the amount of work required to make such rigid cabinets one cannot help but wonder if using granite slabs wouldn't be more practical? I started leaning towards that approach way back when the first BW Matrix came on the market.

Here we have low weight cabinet. It works on control of resonances not on damping. Sonic signature of plywood is fifferent. Here we have birch plywood. Stone have his own but not musical sonic signature (resonances).

This DIY loudspeaker project based on similar philosophy like Shahinian or Hajdinjak Labs loudspeakers. Bojan Hajdinjak is on the side of low weight (low inertion) and rigid, control resonnances on loudspeaker cabinet building.

My knowledge of this type of design doesn't reach far enough to judge.
But merely assuming I would think of it like starting a painting on a painting, instead of a blank cloth...
The result can be more beautiful than starting off blank, but it will always keep the character.....

This is why I like this design though, it demonstrates what it's all about:"enjoying sound!"

Distortion rules!

No really, as many sources confirm that thanks to distortions certain tube amps and recordplayers for instance sound more "pleasant", I'm not surprised that listening to your creations is a pure delight!

Would've loved to post on first hand experience!

BTW, are you SURE you glued all the wooden ribs? ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.