SoundEasy crossover emulation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anybody here use the crossover emulator in SoundEasy? I have been playing with it through my Delta 410. This is my very first project so I am kinda in the dark. I seem to be able to get very flat looking FR plots, but my speaker sounds pretty bad throught the emulator! The upper vocal range is far to pronounced and it sounds like the speaker is at the end of a tunnel. Maybe i am exagerating a little, it is not un-recognizable, it is just not very good at all. I am fairly sure I am accounting for BSC properly.

So my question: Does the emulator make everything sound bad? Or is it my speaker/crossover? If I build one of these crossovers I have designed is it going to sound like the emulator?

Thanks in advance,
Chad

Hi Chad,

The crossover emulator works very well. If you are using it correctly and the speaker sound bad then in all probability the crossover design is bad. You should expect the crossover to sound very much like the emulator, again, assumin gyou are using the emulator correctly.

Thanks for the reply John. That is what I was afraid of. I think my problem is actualy with the phase of my measurements. I have read your guide, but I am still not sure that I am doing it right and my results seem strange (sometimes when I try to HBT the results the phase of the HBT does not look ANYTHING like the captured phase). Maybe I will try to play with it some more and post the results in a different post.

Thanks again,
Chad

Hi Chad,

If you can't get the HBT phase to look anything like the measured phase it is probably because of one of two reasons: 1) you are removing too much delay from the measured data. 2) you have one of the impulses inverted. Make sure both the IN and Ref impulse are pointing in the same direction when you measure. If one is pointing down, open the preferences screen and invert that channel. Remember, the IN channel is the right channel and the REF channel is the left line input channel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.