Planet10 looking for drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Planet10, could you keep an eye out for some particular drivers for which I am on the lookout.

I would like to find some mates for those organ speakers I salvaged (at least the 10" and probably the 15 and 6x9 too).

The numbers are

15"
661056, 27273, 2207421

10" driver:
668459, 24651, 2857420

Oval driver:
651805, 21739, 2857407

They are from a mid 70s vintage Wurlitzer console organ. The 15" is 8ohm and the 10" is 16ohm. I havent measured the oval yet. That 10 is a nice high Q driver with whizzer that I would like to try OB. The fs is a little high (87) but might still be useful.

Some pictures.

15" front

Front view of others

Back of the two big boys

mike

PS. Here is the predicted IB response of the 10". It seems like a properly sized OB should smooth out that hump and still leave it good for about 70Hz or so yes?

mike

Attachments

• wurl10ibresp.jpg
    wurl10ibresp.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 275
I was using my computer sound card, some resistors, and a pioneer car power amp along with my handheld DVM. I used the TSparam spreadsheet (googled for it) to do the initial measurements and then I made a spreadsheet to calculate the Vas using the added mass mthod which I found also by googling.

It seems to have worked well except for some small RS drivers that I tried. I am going to try switching one of my stereo receivers for the car amp to see if some weird impedance thing was causing the problem with the little guys.

mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.