I need help from a pro.......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok here goes. I Just recently got 2 MTX terminator 15" subwoofers. MTX made three different models of this sub, for ported, sealed, and either. How am I supposed to tell which model have, short of measuring the Qts Vas and all that good stuff(which would be a huge pain in my ***! But I CAN do it tecnically). Also, I would like to use my current subwoofer, a Dayton 15" sub (I do have the specs for this one :) ) And incorporate them together into 1 almighty beast. I was thinking of putting the 2 MTX together in an isobaric configuration (sealed box) it would be down firing( the magnet end of one of the MTX's would be sticking out of the bottom of the box), the dayton would be on the front of the box forward firing(they wold share the same airspace). I wouldn't even know where to begin with woofers of different types. I have built many good sounding boxes before and consider myself quite good at it. Any input is appeciated.
Mike

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Mike

Is your surname Frankenstein perchance?:D :D

I don't know of any software that will do this simulation, but then again I am a Mac user, so I am not up to date on current packages.

What might be fun is to disconect the Dayton, and use it as a passive radiator for the two MTXs, this should be easy to simulate, and might give you some good results.

Then again, you could keep the Dayton as it is, and stick it behind the listening chair for some truly moving moments when watching movies;) ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.