ARTA

ARTA 1.2

Delayed Xmas announcement.

In one or two weeks you can download ARTA 1.2. Here are some of the news:

ARTA
- CSD also as spectrogram
- directivity plot, new
- excess phase and excess group delay, update
- new IMD intermodulation distortion report (SMPTE, CCIF, DIN, IEC 60268-5), new
- new THD report
- max. impulse response sequence length extended to 256k (for reverberation time measurements in large rooms)
- reverberation time can be estimated in octave bands 62.5, 125,.. , 8000Hz
- output volume for multi sine extended to -30dB
- control of graph setup, update
- gate time can be shown as equivalent sound wave propagation distance in cm
- 192kHz sampling rate enabled

corrections of small bugs
- ascii file export of the step response
- correct swept-sine timing

LIMP
- optimized procedure for the estimation of TSP

Happy New Year
Heinrich ;)

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
I've been running the trial version of this for a few months now. I've got to say that its an excellent package that does all the important measurements with accuracy. Just in case you aren't familiar with what it can do here's the main attractions: Room, TS measurements, distortion, FR, phase, impedance, impulse and the list goes on and on.

The real bonus is that its so easy to use, with most measurements taking only seconds. This means more tweaking and less concentrating and messing around with software. Its also nice to see that its updated regularly with all the latest features.

I just bought it using the Share-it option on the ARTA webpage. I was amazed that it only cost £57, I was expecting it to be significantly more than that.

Whole heartedly recommended, probably the best measurement package out there - tons of power yet easy to use.