ARTA

How can I change the db scale on the Y-axis to higher resolution for the polar plot? In this example, -6 dB ends up being out of bounds.

Attachments

• proto topphorn horisontalt 20 ms gating1.jpg
    proto topphorn horisontalt 20 ms gating1.jpg
    698.4 KB · Views: 429
How can I change the db scale on the Y-axis to higher resolution for the polar plot? In this example, -6 dB ends up being out of bounds.

Hi,
the smallest range is 5dB which gives (color) resolution step of 0.5dB. You can adjust it with control "Range".
Allowing smaller range than this is not good as interpolation algorithm, and measurement itself, introduce some errors.

Best,
Ivo

Hi,
the smallest range is 5dB which gives (color) resolution step of 0.5dB. You can adjust it with control "Range".
Allowing smaller range than this is not good as interpolation algorithm, and measurement itself, introduce some errors.

Best,
Ivo
If I minimize the range, I don't get to see out to -6dB. So that doesn't help me much.

Is there no way to change to angle on y-axis only?
I would like to show it in similar way like this one where it's been used 80.

Attachments

• 25 ms.jpg
    25 ms.jpg
    686.8 KB · Views: 399
If I minimize the range, I don't get to see out to -6dB. So that doesn't help me much.

Is there no way to change to angle on y-axis only?
I would like to show it in similar way like this one where it's been used 80.

Sorry,
I did not understood your question.
-6dB is meaningfull if you normalize responses.
Please make directivity plot again and normalize with response at zero angle.
Ivo

Sorry,
I did not understood your question.
-6dB is meaningfull if you normalize responses.
Please make directivity plot again and normalize with response at zero angle.
Ivo
Is it possible to change the angle on the y-axis? For this spesific measurement it's automatically using 40 degrees. I want to change it to 80 degrees.

You can see the setup I've used below and the result. It's not showing me enough. -6dB is outside the graph. If I reduce it to 10 db range, it's only showing till -4 dB.

Attachments

• arta setup polar.jpg
    arta setup polar.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 358
  • directivity.jpg
    directivity.jpg
    771.9 KB · Views: 362
It was tough to go through all the thread, so, sorry for asking, LIMP was working fine in XP but now I am unable to use it with Win 7 that too with Realtek hd audio, I know there is some driver problem but can any one of you guys have any idea for me ? Since now I can't hear anything from the spreadsheet while doing impedance measurements, which shows as zigzag pattern.
Thanks
Regards.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Ivo,

I have the following question.
Suppose we want to make a frequency response measurement for a loudspeaker on a listening window of 10 degrees.
I measure the following 9 responses:
1. On axis,
2. 5deg Left Horizontal
3. 10deg Left Horizontal
4. 5deg Right Horizontal
5. 10deg Right Horizontal
6. 5deg Up Vertical
7. 10deg Up Vertical
8. 5deg Down Vertical
9. 10deg Down Vertical

and then make a "power average with overlays"

Will that be correct ?

In a listening room we have direct sound wave and reflections. The question is what will be the rms pressure at some point. The rms value is defined as integral of squared signal in time of one period. If we have many signals with different "random" phase (time flight) the total squared rms value will be equal to sum of individual squared rms values.
That is what statistical theory shows - and it is what we "expect" to measure.

Ivo

Joined 2010
Paid Member
ok, I understand.
So what happens when each one of the above 9 measurements is gated, for example at 5 msec, and then we make a "power average" with all these 9 measurements.
Do you think that this is correct to do it?
The result that we will have is a better estimation of the direct sound of a loudspeaker ?