ARTA

Hi Heinrich,

Like Shinobiwan and many others, I find ARTA the best out there amongst all the software I have tried for acoustic measurments. So thanks :up:

I do have one improvement request regarding working with overlays. The whole usability of measured FR curves could be increased several fold if this area was made more intuitive, specifically by allowing you to apply the curve manipulating functions to selected curves rather than the last/active curve, and adding a multi-layer undo option as well.

V

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Vikash said:
Hi Heinrich,

Like Shinobiwan and many others, I find ARTA the best out there amongst all the software I have tried for acoustic measurments. So thanks :up:

I do have one improvement request regarding working with overlays. The whole usability of measured FR curves could be increased several fold if this area was made more intuitive, specifically by allowing you to apply the curve manipulating functions to selected curves rather than the last/active curve, and adding a multi-layer undo option as well.

V

Vik

Heinrich didn't make ARTA he's a fan of it.

Ivo Mateljan is the chap to speak to for feature requests, his email is on the ARTA site.

continuous improvement

Hi Vik

ShinOBIWAN is right I am just one of the very first fans of ARTA ;). But nevertheless normally I address all wishes of users to Ivo. It's not a problem because I am in regular contact with him as the "ambassador" of a german forum.

Another way to communicate with Ivo is to publish your wishes a little bit more in detail here in the forum. If possible with proposals for layout or workflow.

Regards
Heinrich

Antonix said:
I have read the manual and make all calibrations but when I measure the frequency response I have very high ripple at high frequency.

Where am I wrong ?

I suspect that you may be using the FR1 plot. This displays the spectrum in real-time, but I do not think it is suitable for normal measurement.

I use the IMP plot, and select the Smoothed FR window.
Sine sweep seem to give the most predictable results, especially at the frequency extremes.

These are just my unqualified observations - corrections are welcome.

SveinB

ARTA 1.3

... upcoming new release of ARTA and STEPS.

New features in ARTA:

- measurement of distortion with Farina - method (very fast)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

- pioriod based waterfall (Burst Decay) (detection of resonances)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

New features in STEPS:

- power or voltage based measurements

Power amp at different frequencies and voltage levels

Woofer @ fs for different voltage levels

If all the final tests will be without bugs the release will be published end of june.

Regards
Heinrich