Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

ARTA
ARTA
ARTA Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th November 2019, 12:50 PM   #891
tmuikku is offline tmuikku  Finland
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to tmuikku
Probably should mention this is now basically semi-dual channel measurement setup instead of dual channel measurement setup. Anyway, it is possible to take usable measurements with RME Babyface this way.

Last edited by tmuikku; 26th November 2019 at 12:54 PM.
Old 23rd December 2019, 10:23 PM   #892
vdljev is offline vdljev  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Hi there! I have a fullrange project in hands, its for a vintage (circa 90s) 6" driver with whizzer. Need to measure its TS parameters to use leonardaudio app for simulation (i may learn another simlation tools also).
Ive got a umc22 interface and i was thinking to use the soundcard arrangemet that appears here: http://www.artalabs.hr/AppNotes/LIMP..._4_English.pdf .
The procedure requires one output (UMC22 has headphone and guess line output on the rear) and two inputs (UMC22 has one mic input and one instrument input). I have essentially two doubts:

1) Is there a difference in the measurment depending on output used (headphone or rear guess line level out)?

2) is there a difference in the measurmet depending on wich input (mic or inst) is used for each of the two nodes in the circuit? (one IN goes to interface out and the ref resistor while the other is connected to resistor and speakeer).

Extra: The cables shields and speaker ground should be connected together? Is it important for them to be connected to a real 0v earth voltaje or something like it?

Hope you can help me
All the best

Last edited by vdljev; 23rd December 2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old Today, 04:36 AM   #893
Dkalsi is offline Dkalsi  United States
diyAudio Member

ARTA Help Needed:

(1) When trying to create Directivity Patterns, I keep getting the error that "Error: this .pir file was made with newer version of ARTA!"

- The above statement is incorrect. I'm using ARTA 1.9.3, and the pir files were developed with 1.9.3

(2) In the ARTA Handbook, under Calibration of Microphone - Section 1.5.3, its says:

1. Connect the microphone preamplifier to the soundcard input (left or right).
2. Enter the preamplifier gain.
3. Attach the sound calibrator on the microphone.
4. Press the button 'Estimate mic sensitivity'.
5. If you are satisfied with a measurement, press the button 'Accept'.

- I'm using a Focusrite 2i2 (first gen) as my soundcard and mic pre. My ECM8000 mic is connected to the front mic input using the XLR connector. Do do I just disregard Step 1?

- What does step 2 mean?

- What is a "sound calibrator"? an SPL Meter? If so, I have an analog Radio Shack SPL meter.
Old Today, 10:57 AM   #894
iMat is offline iMat  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkalsi View Post
ARTA Help Needed:

(1) When trying to create Directivity Patterns, I keep getting the error that "Error: this .pir file was made with newer version of ARTA!"

- The above statement is incorrect. I'm using ARTA 1.9.3, and the pir files were developed with 1.9.3
Please download ARTA software ver. 1.9.3 Update 1. to get correct .pir file reading.

When calibrating microphone:

1) you should set preamplifier gain as is (in Audio device setup). If you change that value you should also change it in Audio device setup.

2) You should attach sound calibrator on microphone. Enter the value of SPL (usually 94dB). Please, just google: "sound calibrator", to get more information how sound calibrator is used.

If you do not have sound calibrator but have an spl meter you can measure SPL in front of some loudspeaker, driven with external sine source (f=1000 Hz). SPL meter have to be used in linear Z or C weighting mode, then enter measured SPL in dialog box and set measured microphone in the same position as SPL mic. Start calibration.

Ivo

ARTAHide this!Advertise here!