Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

ARTA
ARTA
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2019, 02:18 AM   #811
BYRTT is online now BYRTT  Denmark
diyAudio Member

ARTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zung View Post
How do you do this?
I've tried their beta driver with Windows 7, 8, 10 over the years, NO success. Last time with Windows 10, it frozen the PC solid.
Just curious, the E-MU went to a closet, and I've been living happily with a Focusrite Scarlett.
I can't know if procedure will work for your brand but can say below method works for other brands that only support older driver packages for their hardware devices be it sound cards or whatever devices where driver came packed into one EXE file.

In general Win7/8/10 supports using a driver package down from WinVista and up so pick the latest one relative to your running system and run it in combability mode, example is say you have a WinVista driver package that should run on Win10 then don't run it out of the blue but rightclick EXE file pick properties and in compability tab set settings so that it run as WinVista mode and push Okay, now one can run the installation. Some packages install some permanent procces that run in background and to get those run in compability mode open taskmanager and look for procces that belong to hardware then rightclick pick properties and in compability tab set to WinVista mode and push Okay.

Last edited by BYRTT; 23rd May 2019 at 02:21 AM.
Old 24th May 2019, 11:46 AM   #812
Denri is offline Denri  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zung View Post
How do you do this?
I've tried their beta driver with Windows 7, 8, 10 over the years, NO success. Last time with Windows 10, it frozen the PC solid.
Just curious, the E-MU went to a closet, and I've been living happily with a Focusrite Scarlett.
Zung, some users reported problems about E-MU0202 USB and Win7 . I saw several discussions with at least 50% success of working cards. Most time people solved issues by flashing different versiosn of firmware even stock one.

I had lastest firmware and clean MSDN Windows 7 SP1 without updates as in my system due some issues with OS as updates could not be installed and I'm lazy to reinstall OS.

I used EMUU_PCAppDrv_US_1_40_00_BETA.exe as driver package. Other versions did not tried.

The only issue I have as sometimes sound may disappear in all applications while card in steady state(I am not alone with this). if it plays something - no issues. So nothing special here , only luck
Old 5th June 2019, 10:09 PM   #813
altie is offline altie
diyAudio Member

I need to double check an assumption: if I'm measuring directivity of a horn, I would rotate around the mouth, right? That seems like the axis that wouldn't introduce any incorrect differences in distance but I'd like to check that before I waste time on invalid measurements.
Old 6th June 2019, 08:40 AM   #814
kimmosto is offline kimmosto  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by altie View Post
I would rotate around the mouth, right?
Yes, that's the safest rotation center no matter are you measuring in single or dual channel connection and mode.

Reflections could disturb automatic detection of impulse peak in single channel measurement mode. Positioning error usually happens to off-axis angles >120 deg. That shouldn't be a problem if you measure 0-90 deg only. Dual channel mode locks timing so starting point of time window stays where you have set it up to 180 deg off-axis so no need to adjust time window and export response of all measurements separately.

Last edited by kimmosto; 6th June 2019 at 08:42 AM.
Old 14th June 2019, 08:18 AM   #815
DennyG is offline DennyG  Australia
diyAudio Member

ARTA
Default Audio Interface with acceptable dynamic range and cross-talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMat View Post
You are not wrong.
When there is small replica of distorted antialiasng filter response, it is in 99% cases result of high cross-talk between left and right input channels. Some converters are really bad in this sense, i.e. Behringer UC202, or motherboard systems.

In ARTA user manual (chapter 4.2) I have described how to test soundcard dynamic range and cross-talk.

If your soundcard has large cross-talk you should use single channel measurements, but the problem remains when you measure impedance.

Ivo

P.S. You may get some IR replicas when measuring with clipped swept sine.
My USB audio interface also has the replica pulse at -2 to -3 mS so I'm looking for a USB Audio Interface with acceptable dynamic range and cross-talk for use with ARTA.

The ARTA site gives an extensive list of interfaces but they range in price from very reasonable to expensive.

The specifications on some devices I've looked at rarely quote a figure for cross-talk and only state one value for dynamic range without specifying the frequency. The ARTA-Manual tests on my USB interface show some similar results to those in the ARTA-Manual for low cost sound card SC1 but quote in the specification a value for dynamic range of "107 db (A Weighted)" so what to believe?

Has anyone with a USB interface done the ARTA tests and found their interface has acceptable results like for those shown for the RME BabyFace Pro. The RME is some 5 times the price of some of the other units listed on the ARTA site like the inexpensive, popular, readily available devices such as Tascam US2x2, Roland Quad Capture, Scarlett 2i2, Steinberg UR 22 MkII to name some reasonably priced basic interfaces.

ARTAHide this!Advertise here!