Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

ARTA
ARTA
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th April 2019, 07:28 AM   #801
rich08 is offline rich08  Slovakia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denri View Post
I'm sorry for noob question but I still not able to understand clearly how to set proeprly Gating window in ARTA in measured impulse reponse.
I try to measure 10" speaker with install height 950mm and on same height mic with a distance between them 1m. Vituixcad says that splitting frequency to connect with nearfiled measurement is about 3xx Hz and windows time until first reflection is ~3.3ms

But on every video\articles I see only one impulse while I see two of them. How so set start\stop gating window properly?
I use dual channel mode measurements. Pic of measurements is below

Click the image to open in full size.
Everything is right. The second impulse is important to you.
Old 26th April 2019, 08:41 PM   #802
Denri is offline Denri  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich08 View Post
Everything is right. The second impulse is important to you.
O, nice to know that so

now just curious about first impulse nature
Old 27th April 2019, 07:36 PM   #803
rich08 is offline rich08  Slovakia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
O, nice to know that so

now just curious about first impulse nature
It is reference position for dual channel measurements. It
is the position of zero delay. In ARTA, the reference position is sample index 300.
Old 29th April 2019, 02:45 PM   #804
mbrennwa is offline mbrennwa  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich08 View Post
It is reference position for dual channel measurements. It
is the position of zero delay. In ARTA, the reference position is sample index 300.
I may be wrong, but if the the first impulse (red) is the reference from the loopback connection, it looks a bit too noisy for my liking. The loopback reference should normally be a very clean impulse without the hash seen here. What do you guys think?
Old 29th April 2019, 03:16 PM   #805
Davey is offline Davey  United States
diyAudio Member

Ivo,

The Right/L or Left/R input selection in FR2 is a terrific addition to ARTA.
Using this and the capability of Preferred input channel and Propagation delay, allows to remove latency of DUT in any configuration.

Thank you.

Dave.
Old 29th April 2019, 07:18 PM   #806
iMat is offline iMat  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrennwa View Post
I may be wrong, but if the the first impulse (red) is the reference from the loopback connection, it looks a bit too noisy for my liking. The loopback reference should normally be a very clean impulse without the hash seen here. What do you guys think?
You are not wrong.
When there is small replica of distorted antialiasng filter response, it is in 99% cases result of high cross-talk between left and right input channels. Some converters are really bad in this sense, i.e. Behringer UC202, or motherboard systems.

In ARTA user manual (chapter 4.2) I have described how to test soundcard dynamic range and cross-talk.

If your soundcard has large cross-talk you should use single channel measurements, but the problem remains when you measure impedance.

Ivo

P.S. You may get some IR replicas when measuring with clipped swept sine.
Old 14th May 2019, 07:23 PM   #807
diyAudio Member

Thanks for comments and it sounds dissapointing for me about quality of sound card.

Well I use E-MU 0202Usb and windows 7.

For measurements I use E-mu phones one channel output -> Emotiva A-300 power amplifier with two resistors voltage divider on soundcard right channel input and speaker measured -> Behringer ecm8000 mic to get

Well like here http://www.artalabs.hr/AppNotes/AP1_...-2-Rev1Eng.pdf on page3 but simplified without switches.

I will try to measure card loopback like in chapter "4.2. Testing the soundcard" wthout amplifier and with amplifier then.

p.s. I used a-300 because i dont have another one and i tried car amplifier previously Revolt Audio SS 85.4 with 60Ah battery used for LIMP impedance measurements and RLC measurements of Resistors and capacitors and found that with A-300 measurments more close to specification of components so it is more accurate I suppose
Old 14th May 2019, 07:35 PM   #808
diyAudio Member

meh.. as messages premoderated just thoght that no need to check card in loopback mode with amplifier connected as for measurements only one channel of amplifier is used.
Old 22nd May 2019, 08:49 PM   #809
tmuikku is offline tmuikku  Finland
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to tmuikku
Hello,

I did impulse response measurement using External Excitation. Any idea why Burst decay and some other tools won't work? Says "To use this analysis, record or import impulse response file!"

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png burst_decay.png (122.4 KB, 142 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt example.pir.txt (65.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 22nd May 2019, 09:06 PM   #810
Zung is offline Zung  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Well I use E-MU 0202Usb and windows 7.
...[/I]
How do you do this?
I've tried their beta driver with Windows 7, 8, 10 over the years, NO success. Last time with Windows 10, it frozen the PC solid.
Just curious, the E-MU went to a closet, and I've been living happily with a Focusrite Scarlett.

ARTAHide this!Advertise here!