ARTA

Sorry, but actually I am too much engaged search for you
You're being extremely cryptic and vague at this point, so I have zero clue what you're talking about?
🤷‍♂️

It also seems to contradict what's being shared on the website"
I have fullfilled my promise that ARTA users will get all versions 1.x.x. freely.

Last edited:
Hi b_force,

I discovered ARTA on the net in 2005 and was immediately impressed. Shortly afterwards I got in touch with Ivo and offered him support for the German-speaking countries. This resulted in the German manuals and it was in this context that I opened this thread.

Since I regularly go on sailing vacations in Croatia, it was only natural to meet up with Ivo. We've been seeing each other once a year since 2006 and Ivo has become a dear friend. At our meetings we naturally also talked about ARTA and I regularly got on his nerves with my requests (connection of a turntable, max SPL, linear deplacement, level calibration of LIMP, ...).

Late last summer, he informed me that he was going to stop maintaining ARTA. I regretted this very much, but I can understand his decision. ARTA has now reached a high level of maturity and will therefore certainly remain viable and competitive for a few more years without further maintenance.

Let's wish Ivo all the best for his well-deserved retirement

Regards
Heinrich (aka Ente)

PS: The statements regarding freeware and open source have been agreed with Ivo

Reactions: 1 users
PS: The statements regarding freeware and open source have been agreed with Ivo
Hi Heinrich,

Thank you for clarification! :)

As for the statement regarding freeware it was a little unclear, since it just seemed to be a random post from another forum.
That's why it's important to know who is behind a certain post (and I most certainly don't track down every persons name etc, way to many to keep track of).

But thank you for explaining, that's appreciated! :)

100% agree that Ivo deserves all the best for his retirement!!!

Reason for my initial question was mostly because ARTA enters the status of abandonware soon.
Which can be a little unclear for people how to approach this from now on, as well as care has to be taken for proper and respectful preservation.

Even as it is regretable, the end of Arta is quite logical. ARTA is extremely mature, reliable and complete. Also, Windows 11 will be the end of more than one software.
Putting an end to sales with the end of support is very honorable. Quite some software is still on sale, even as the last Windows version that was running them without problems, has long expired and no service offered.
I can understand that Ivo does not lay open the source code, we would soon have lots of unreliable clones for sale I bet. Making it freeware would be a little unfair to anyone who paid good money for it. Anyway, the free version is enough for most hobbyist use.
I have used Arta from time to time, for many years, but never needed all the wonderfull and complicated functions it has. Mainly to check when my other programs showed funny data. With my personal way of working, some less academic software was faster for me. Now I think about finaly buying it for future use.
I stored some identical HP laptops with Windows XP, even with mixed success, as some harddrives failed. Now I think about doing the same with Win10 and Dell. Hope the SSD's will last longer.

Reactions: 1 user
Cant believe I have just found this software and am a few weeks late to buying a licence. I have only recently started on my journey of DIY audio and designing / building my own enclosures. I have been using ARTA on the demo, visited the site to buy the licence this week and was met with the news. I have emailed asking to buy one on the off chance. I understand the reservations of giving it out as freeware. But, does anyone know if there is any way I can get my hands on a licence? I have already found this to be one of the most useful tools I have, truly gutted.

Reactions: 1 user