ARTA

I have been using ARTA for many years now. As @DcibeL says you can do everything in the program except save the impulse file. That's how I used the program until about 5 or 6 years ago. Then one day I did a bunch of outdoor data collection on some project and only later realized that I had made a stupid mistake when converting the measured impulses to FR data. If I had saved the impulse file I could go back and re-do the conversion it but unfortunately the weather was too windy for weeks afterwards. The project was left at a standstill. From that point on I decided it was not worth saving the $$$ anymore and I paid for the license. It's a perpetual license, so it never expires. The program is continually upgraded and maintained and it is well worth having the capability of saving the impulse data. If find you like the program after using the demo version, it's a good idea to pay for the full one.

Reactions: 3 users
I have been using ARTA for many years now. As @DcibeL says you can do everything in the program except save the impulse file. That's how I used the program until about 5 or 6 years ago. Then one day I did a bunch of outdoor data collection on some project and only later realized that I had made a stupid mistake when converting the measured impulses to FR data. If I had saved the impulse file I could go back and re-do the conversion it but unfortunately the weather was too windy for weeks afterwards. The project was left at a standstill. From that point on I decided it was not worth saving the $$$ anymore and I paid for the license. It's a perpetual license, so it never expires. The program is continually upgraded and maintained and it is well worth having the capability of saving the impulse data. If find you like the program after using the demo version, it's a good idea to pay for the full one.
Of course, if given the option, always save the raw measurement impulse. It will save you so much headache, allowing any change in window reference time, window type and length, response smoothing, etc. to be accomplished without remeasuring. I always found Omnimic to be ridiculous software, not only does it now allow saving the impulse response, but you can't do anything without remeasuring, very silly. Moving to ARTA, or anything else for that matter, you should instantly feel like a pro, being able to push the measure button once and the job is done.

Of course, if you like ARTA I would also encourage to purchase a license. The cost is very fair. However, I'm not sure the software will see very significant updates in the future, the author did retire a few years back.

Reactions: 1 users
Dcibel says: "Of course, if you like ARTA I would also encourage to purchase a license. The cost is very fair. However, I'm not sure the software will see very significant updates in the future, the author did retire a few years back."

Indeed the lifetime of ARTA development has come to an end.

After more than twenty years of ARTA development I decided to stop ARTA development and take care of myself.

I have fullfilled my promise that ARTA users will get all versions 1.x.x. freely.
Note:
1) ARTA selling will be stopped on March, 30, 2024.
2) The firm ARTALABS will be closed in April or May 2024.
3) The ARTALABS web site will be active until February, 2025; and the last version and support files will be available for download.
4) I hope that you will be able to use ARTA software on Windows for many years (while Windows support 32-bit programs).

Best regards,
Ivo Mateljan

Reactions: 17 users

After more than twenty years of ARTA development I decided to stop ARTA development and take care of myself.
Congratulations for doing this so well for such a long time!

Would you consider publishing the ARTA code so that others would have a chance to pick up from your work and keep ARTA alive?

Reactions: 4 users
Dcibel says: "Of course, if you like ARTA I would also encourage to purchase a license. The cost is very fair. However, I'm not sure the software will see very significant updates in the future, the author did retire a few years back."

I have fullfilled my promise that ARTA users will get all versions 1.x.x. freely.
Note:
1) ARTA selling will be stopped on March, 30, 2024.
2) The firm ARTALABS will be closed in April or May 2024.
3) The ARTALABS web site will be active until February, 2025; and the last version and support files will be available for download.
4) I hope that you will be able to use ARTA software on Windows for many years (while Windows support 32-bit programs).

Best regards,
Ivo Mateljan
Sad to hear this Ivo, but I fully understand the reasons!
Thank you so much for such a wonderful piece of software you have provided us all those years! :)
I was very early on board, and it was money worth spend (personally as well as professionally!!)

A very practical question, but what will happen after March 30rd for people who still would like to use ARTA?
Especially people who don't have a license yet?
Will ARTA just become freeware?