ARTA

My new Motu M2 arrived yesterday. Doing the simple loop-back performance...
1692983522138.png

A pretty substantial improvement over the Behringer UMC202HD in terms of noise and distortion... As I said a few posts back, the Behringer is perfectly serviceable for collecting data for use in crossover design. But I wanted something with lower noise and distortion, and that is definitely what I got. Noise is consistently -120 dB, and THD is consistently less than 0.01%

Reactions: 1 users
I've ordered one of those clone IEC 711 couplers from Aliexpress to play around with and measure my IEMs.

Many IEMs are multi-way but the individual drivers (DD, BA, EST, BC, planars, piezo) can't be disconnected and measured individually obviously.

Is there some measurement technique using ARTA that could be used to determine the crossover frequencies between the drivers?

Just to close the loop on this, here is my "audio device setup"...

1694464995111.png

When I installed the Motu driver and plugged in the Motu M2, this setup menu gave me three options

1694465193462.png

So this is why I was not able to say that I was using ASIO drivers... I am glad that folks like DcibeL can advice us on what to do and what it means...

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I measured recently with ARTA, a DSP based speaker. I noticed the following:

In the first measurement of the Impulse response, the polarity was positive.

In the next measurement, with no change in the setup, the polarity was inverted and became negative.

Out of 15 succesive measurements that I took, 7 of them were positive and the rest were negative.

Is it possible this to be a problem of ARTA ?

Does anyone else noticed the same issue ?

when you send the test signal to the speaker, are you sending an analog signal or a digital signal? I have never noticed the phenomenon you describe, but my active speakers always use an analog signal as input.

If you are sending a digital signal to the speakers, is it a USB input, or a SPDIF, or something else ??

I see ARTA 1.9.7 has been released.

Changelog: https://artalabs.hr/news.htm

Download: https://artalabs.hr/download.htm

Thank you for reacting to and fixing one of my earlier bug reports, number of overlay lines within the "Copy" & "Add filename" feature in ARTA.

Still broken: "Add filename" in the graphical export in STEPS's "Loudspeaker distortion limited SPL" tab is still without function.

Would it also be possible to introduce the same pre-delay for soundcard sample rate changes that you just implemented in ARTA into STEPS? That would be a big help, for example to try to fix this problem -> Post #1377

Reactions: 1 users
I put ARTA version 1.9.7 on Web site. I've postponed release information to users , as I wait that Microsoft remove download protection.
It usually requires 3-5 days.
This version is not bug clearance version. I have just added most wanted ARTA features.
I will monitor user response to remove possible bugs.

Ivo

Reactions: 5 users
Please consider for future development of ARTA:
-include option for left window
-include option to display phase of overlay traces
-sine sweep in LIMP, for faster results vs slow stepped sine.
-frequency range limits for since sweep in ARTA, for easier distortion analysis of tweeters without additional protection or slow stepped sine.
-distortion analysis - please allow display of relative harmonic level in dBr instead of %.
-distortion analysis in ARTA - please add display of H5.
-option to retain zoom,gain,offset settings when new measurement is completed.

Reactions: 5 users