need help with car audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm new to the car audio scene and need some serious advice on setting up a solid system in a midsized truck. I have done a little research and have come up with a basic plan for a system it's pretty standard i guess. 2, 10" subs in the back, a set of component speakers, balanced line adapter and of course an amp and head unit (preferably a 5-10 disc changer). My problem is i don't know which brand names are the most reliable for the money, or which components/accessories will help boost the power of the system. Some advice on what company to go with and some set up ideas would be awesome, and I will spend a little extra to get quality stuff.
peace juice_19

a few good brands:

CDT audio - components, about the best components

Alpine - subs (type R) HU (you can get models with time correction!) amps (a class D with digital crossover and time correction) components (the type R's again)

Focal - components, the best components

JL audio - ask everyone else, cause they own it too...

Infinity / JBL

Adire Audio- they make a sub called "shiva" that you may be interested in.

Elemental Designs, thoguh i've heard a disturbing report about the dustcaps ratteling...

Pheonix Gold - amps, subs, and component speakers

A/D/S - subs, components

Eclipse - HU and the subs

Morel - speakers of all kinds

Rainbow - expensive

Crystal Mobilesounds - components, cheaper but good

PPI - amps. big amps.

maby blueprint designs

maby digital designs

FYI, a store where i won a cd player on a forum of has some subs which are said to be like the digital design 3500 series on sale: www.audiodiscounters.com
I however have not personally heard either sub but have heard good things about both.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.