Will these work in a TL project?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of reflex boxes I built a few years back using Vifa pl-14 midbass, Morel md-30 tweet, and a series crossover design by lc technologies in a 2.5 way arrangement. Would these drivers/crossover lend themselves to a TL project, possibly in a mtm arrangement, retaining the .5 way for baffle step? These speakers sound good now - I am just wanting to try something different. Thanks for input.
Jim

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
JimW said:
I have a pair of reflex boxes I built a few years back using Vifa pl-14 midbass, Morel md-30 tweet, and a series crossover design by lc technologies in a 2.5 way arrangement. Would these drivers/crossover lend themselves to a TL project, possibly in a mtm arrangement,
Jim

You should be able to transfer the components as presently mounted in the reflex box to a TL. However, if you plan on making changes in the design, like going from a 2.5 way to an MTM, you might run into complications. Just as you might run into complications if you transferred these components into an MTM arrangement into an identically sized and tuned reflex box to the one you are using now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.