DIY project using Dynaudio ESOTAR tweter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hallo,

I have Dynaudio Contour 2,8 and this twerer is there :) I can use also 20W75 in my next project...

I'm looking for 3 or 4 way speakers. I't is childis to say, but I want to use speakers from one brand due to design (the same baskets...) and because Dynaudio speakers are not any longer in sale, I will need most probably take other brand for rest of the speakers exept tweter... and question is if something exist or not :-(((

R.

well I am a little confused, if you have pair of Esotec 20W75's as well as the esotar tweeters that means you have a fully functional pair of Contour 2.8's. The other driver in the box was a passive radiator.

Why are you breaking them up? I know this is not why you posted but I am curious. It's not everyday you see someone tearing apart a pair of speakers that sell around $2000 to $3000 used.

One option might be to ebay them with a reserve and use the cash to go nuts on new project.

Not for me to tell you what to do though, they are your speakers and if you beleive you will get your money's worth tearing them down then go for it.

As I wrote, I have complete Dynaudio Contour 2,8 and I'm not happy with the sound. Or I'm, but I have feeling that can be better :) I don't like small gap in bass (difficult to say where...) but if you have next to them small 1,3, bass from them is subjectively bigger. 2,8 are deeper. That is fact... and I have also doubts about using 20cm speaker for two way speakers. Evem crossover frequency is 1650Hz, it is to high for 20cm spekaer.

I have 2 ideas:
a) use Esotar T330, Esotar 560, 20w75 and 30W100.
problem - speakers are not available on market, second, if yes, they would cost 2000€ which I don't have

b) use Esotar T300 and rest from other supplier like Eton, Perless or others...

And to sell them? Not bad idea, but speakers are not much known in market (people exchange them with 1,8mK2) and my two little sweet demolition team did some demages on box finishing, which degradete them :-( And to sell speakers alone, maybe after I will be confident with the result that new speakers are better than this one :)

Well that makes sense.
If selling them isn't practical them prehaps Ebay can help you buy what you need.

search of ebay for Dynaudio

I have bought quite a bit of audio stuff from Ebay and there is always Dynaudio stuff for sale. There are a pair of woofers on there right now although they are not the 30W100.

I don't know how good you are with ebay but in your profile you can setup a search string and set it to email you when ever nything matching your search comes up. It's a great way to find tht missing treasure and sooner or later everything comes up on Ebay.

42_1_b.JPG

Here is a pair of 2.8's for sale on Eby right now.

good luck, I hope you find what you need.

I'll be darned

on ebay here's a pair of 30w100

go figure eh?

Man that is a scary expensive set of speakers you are talking about building. please post the results.

I have built some pretty amazing speakers using parts that I never could have afforded if not for Ebay and a little patience. Because of Ebay I have owned some of the great classic vintage speakers and done so for dirt cheap.

happy hunting

It started about three years ago (approx at the same time they got Volvo as big OEM customer) when they came to the conclusion that serving small manufacturers and DIY wasn't giving enough revenue.

The new drivers that you see every now and then are just NOS I assume.

According to the Swiss sales representative you can still get new drivers when returning the defective ones, but the price will be about twice as much as they originally costed.

Regards

Charles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.