Papier (Paper?) Mache

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just been doing a bit of digging & haven't found what I'm after - just wondering if anyone's had any degree of success with paper mache for a speaker enclosure? I know it immediately evokes memories of nursery/kindergarten mayhem, and that well-built matronly woman that.. ahem; but there's more than one way of making and using the stuff. Go look at any antiqueties site & some of the stuff they used to make was really tough and could be intricate too. Couple this with modern adhesive phases (i.e. PVA, resin, good 'ole wallpaper paste etc) surely the possibilities are endless. Would have thought that a 3D composite would be a doddle too. Any thoughts?

Cheers - Fezz

ah.. that kind of mictuates on my strawberries - surely a guitar or violin needs a resonator. Hm.

I was thinking of a number of possibilities:

1) Modular TL components
2) Composites - use 3D configurations to make "aerolam" type structures in any shape you like; get a sphere, plaster it up, cut 1/2" paper straws & stack 'em all over, stick another coat or "skin" on the outside.

You can play around with the relative densities & impregnate with anything you like!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.